Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 12/12/2016: This would be a very challenging feature to implement so it won't happen. Plus, sequels are generally awful and stand alone games are better suited to the medium.

Attaching Storygames

9 years ago

I think that if we wanted to make a sequel to a Story Game, we should be able to start the other one off from saved data. For example, if a person chose to ride their bike to school in the first story, then they would start the second story with that same data. This would also be useful if you did major decisions in the previous story then they would still show up the the next. The way you would be able to do this would be like 'If person chose _____ bring them to _____' kind of like an advanced story game doodad. This would also be useful so that all those other decisions in the previous game wouldn't end up with the same beginning and ending.

Attaching Storygames

9 years ago
Its a nice idea but I'm not sure if it is possible.

Attaching Storygames

9 years ago

What usually happens is there is a "true ending" and the story picks up at that. If you really wanted to, you could make a code for each ending, and then make a password using the advanced editor.

Attaching Storygames

9 years ago

This sounds amazing!

Attaching Storygames

9 years ago

Hmm...So, instead of an Endgame link, it would have a link to another game in your Storygame bank. I like it, but it will raise one important question: do you still only get one point for playing the whole thing or do you get one for each "part"?

Attaching Storygames

9 years ago
Did you read his post, or just the subject title? :D

Carrying values from one storygame to another

9 years ago

I read it, but I misinterpreted it, based on his subject title. Changing direction, I will say that I don't know much about how information is stored on this site, if and how cookies are used, etc. However, I am inclined to say that this probably isn't possible, and that a password system may be more feasible, if not clunkier and less attractive.

9 years ago

I think the password idea may work, if the reader were to read a storygame title and not know that the game was infact a sequel, they would possibly spoil some parts in the storygame. There should be a link to the first storygame if this password idea is put into play

9 years ago

Hmm? You should only have to state in your game's synopsis that it is a sequel.

9 years ago
You can already make a password. Ask in the Advanced Editor forum.

9 years ago

Yes.

@Buddster32 , I've scripted a password before, so I can help you if you want me to.