Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 8/19/2019: comments

Proof-read checkbox

6 years ago

I've been thinking about how useful I'd personally find this for a while. Having a checkbox next to every page that can be ticked to show it's been proof-read would be useful, especially for people who write long stories. That way, you can easily see what's been looked over for mistakes, which is especially useful if there's lots of branching and it's hard to keep track of what has and hasn't been proof-read. What do other people think?

Proof-read checkbox

6 years ago

I think that might be too specific to be especially useful. On the other hand, I wouldn't suggest a whole notes section for each page, because that's definitely too much. What about a tag system like what's currently implemented for pictures? That way each page can have its own unique metadata without being excessive.

Proof-read checkbox

6 years ago

Yeah, I see what you mean. Tags might be useful though, but what else would you tag on a page? 'Needs finishing' or something maybe?

Proof-read checkbox

6 years ago
A tag for pages that trigger variables would be incredibly useful.

Proof-read checkbox

6 years ago

Yeah, that would make checking that all of the scripting works a lot easier, especially if you have loads of variables. 

Proof-read checkbox

6 years ago

^

This. Please.

Proof-read checkbox

6 years ago
I could see the variable tag being useful, but because of how the pages are setup, I'm not sure I could see a way to effectively implement this -- the variable could be hit from a global script based on the content of a page, the variable could be modified on the page, or the variable could be modified on the script page for the page...

Proof-read checkbox

6 years ago
I could see a checkbox like that being useful. In the meantime, my workaround for pages that are not ready for publishing (for whatever reason) is to add something to the title of each page, like ending with an X or something. Then when I'm done with the page, I just remove the X so I can tell I'm done with it.

Proof-read checkbox

6 years ago

Yeah, since posting this I've started doing that as well. It's basically the same thing to be honest.