Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Favorite Book?

10 years ago

It can be any genre, I'm just curious :)

Favorite Book?

10 years ago

So far? No particular order.

1. Way of King's (Stormlight Archive: Brandon Sanderson)

2. Necromancer (Endmaster: CYOA/CYS.com)

3. Mistborn series

4. Warrior's and all it's series. (Warrior Cat's.)

Favorite Book?

10 years ago

Actual 'books'

1: Enders game, I read it before the movie so now people are like "I R ENDERS GAEM FAN" and I just die alitlte on the inside.

2. The dark tower series.

3. House of leaves.

4. Needful things.

5. Call of Cthulhu

6. Cold mountain

Not real 'books'

1. Everything Endmaster writes.

2. The Endmasters soul.

3. Everything else about Endmaster

Favorite Book?

10 years ago

I'm not sure if this would count as a book, but my favorite thing that I have read in book format is probably the poem/epic Beowulf. You'll be surprised at just how many books are considered to be long poems.

If graphic novels are allowed, I'd also like to say Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid on Earth by Chris Ware is probably one of my favorite graphic novels I've read. Although, I'm sure there are more that I've liked better if I thought more about it.

As for novels that were meant to be novels, It'd probably be a tie between Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. I'm a fan of classics.

Favorite Book?

10 years ago
  1. Inheritance Cycle all of the books
  2. Eternal
  3. Perks of Being a Wall Flower
  4. Harry Potter
  5. First Warriors Series
  6. Goosebumps the first chapter books I read.

Favorite Book?

10 years ago
Favourite books:
  1. percy Jackson series
  2. heros of olimpus series
  3. harry potter series
  4. 39 clues series
  5. The survivalist series by A. Amarican

Favorite Book?

10 years ago

1. To Kill a Mockingbird. It's amazing, especially given the time period it was written for. Just amazing. 

2. At the Mountains of Madness. While lacking the qualities of the more "famous" parts of the mythos, this is one of my favorites of Lovecraft's works, being the one I started out reading, and also the way he described the behaviour of the montsers at hand with both admiration and terror. Science fiction at it's fundamental roots, and perhaps, at it best.

3. Roadside Picnic. A book about scientific anomalies. S.T.A.L.K.E.R., a video game based on this, really can't even compare to the amazingness of this book.

4. Pickman's Model. Ever heard of the kind, nature-loving elves that left their babies in the forest so that a human might take care of them, or traded children with a human? Those kids were called changelings. If these details apply to the ways changelings work in your mind, and that the elves are the beautiful people, take those notions and shove them somewhere, (preferrably not your ass, because that would hurt,) for the duration of this book.

5. The Jeeves and Wooster series by P.G. Wodehouse. Its humor is absolutely wonderful, like Collegehumor, it has the miraculous ability to let me both laugh and cringe at the same time. It's like Diary of a Wimpy Kid for intellectuals.

6. I have no Mouth and I must Scream. The game was based so loosely on the book that it was physically and mentally painful for me to play. Don't let the game befuddle your idea of the story. The book was better.

7. Spiderman #121-122. I actually went through 2 of the 5 stages of grief before being able to read another spiderman comic again, even though I heard rumors before from my comic-book-nerd cousin who let me read the comics in order.

8. The Watchmen. If you're highly religious, I suggest you don't read this comic, but otherwise, it's one of the best ones out there. I actually felt the sort of paranoia as if I actually were a US citizen during the cold war.

9. V for Vendetta.  Not only is the untrditional superhero ass-kicking, but I was nearly a converted anarchist by the end of the book. It just made sense. Were it not for how emotionally affected I was by Spiderman, these would easily be ahead of it on my list.

Favorite Book?

10 years ago

Ender's Game