Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Dropping items on specific pages

10 years ago

Okay, so the game I'm working on has lots of items in it, and I don't want players dropping the items on their own, but after a certain point in the game, some of the items are useless, so I'd like to get rid of them. Is there anyway to make it so that the items do drop, but only at a certain point in the game? Like: The player has a key. There's a locked door. The player uses the key to open the door. As soon as the door is opened, the key is automatically dropped.

10 years ago
You could use item drops so on the page you want the item to be dropped just make a item drop when a continue link is clicked or something like that. You could also use scripting, so on the page or link you want the item to be dropped, just do a $ITEMSTATE. Let's use your example. So say the key has an id of 3. On the page or link you want the item to be dropped click edit link or edit page script. Then type this into the box. I'm not sure if this is exactly correct, so someone correct me if my code is rong. $ITEMSTATE3 = 0. There are more ways of doing it with variables and such but I'm not going to get into those. I have a feeling there's a space or something that I missed. I'll edit Once I read the article on item scripting if someone doesn't reply to my poste by then.

10 years ago

Okay, thanks! I'll give it a try. ^_^

10 years ago

Yey, it works! Thank you! ^_^

10 years ago
No problem, glad it helped. See the scripting: Items article and the other scripting articles for more information