Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New to this

9 years ago

Hi all, 

I'm new to this and was reading(and playing) some of the zombie apocalypse games here. Some were really good while others makes no sense to me. This got me into wanting to create one of my own. I hope some of you veterans could help by commenting or suggest something better on my ideas to improve on it. My ideas are as below,

1. The infected are still very much alive, just that they had lost their all senses with only the urge to feed on the normal.

2. Story takes place in a country where firearms are restricted to all, with exception to military or enforcement officials.

Thanks in advance

New to this

9 years ago

I hate to say it, but zombie horror fiction is a dying genre. We actually have several threads in "Writing Workshop" devoted to the concept of making a more interesting zombie thriller. I'd suggest you start there.

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/writing-workshop/message/13503

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/writing-workshop/message/13143

If you can pull off a semi-interesting zombie game, more power to you, but, be warned, it isn't as easy as it once was.

Either way, welcome to the site.

New to this

9 years ago

Hmm. Thanks for the pointer. I did read about this on another thread. Perhaps I shall shelf the idea for now. :)

New to this

9 years ago

Nah, I still like them very much - you know? 

New to this

9 years ago

Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay!

New to this

9 years ago
Welcome, enjoy your stay.

New to this

9 years ago

Velcome!

New to this

9 years ago

You're a venguin, not a vampire!

New to this

9 years ago
*pamvire

New to this

9 years ago

Welcome, glad to see people want to make their own stories. 

They're not really zombies because they're not dead, just sick in the head, correct? What happens to them after they die? 

New to this

9 years ago

Zombie apocalypses are definitely done to death here, but good writing is still good writing, so I'd say go for it if you think you can pull it off.

Anyways, welcome to the site, and here's your free chicken.