Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

A Dying World

9 years ago

What do you guys think of a story about a kid stuck in a world made of grey, where a dictatorship is run and pumps propoganda into the minds of children, and you have to excape?  

It takes place in a school, run by a country named The Fourth Rome, where they've unlocked the secret spoken language of Latin.  Your character has just become self-aware, due to a prolonged absence of a mysterious black liquid that's served in the cafeteria and vending machines.  He's starting to lose his ability to comprehend the Latin, as well as his grey skin, and is at risk of exposing himself more and more every second.

A Dying World

9 years ago

Sounds like the movie's rendition of the Giver.  Any parts you want to elaborate so I don't get bored before I give advice?

A Dying World

9 years ago

It's not a utopian scenario, like the Giver.  It's more of a cult that's manifested into a country, and is brainwashing their youth to continue the cult.  Extreme cult actions included.

A Dying World

9 years ago

Reminds me of a Goose Bumps story where there was a world of black, white and grey and all the kids outside the alternate school building were crazy kids that had some sort of cult where they tossed you into a pit of black goo or something.

It's been a while since I read that story... >.>

A Dying World

9 years ago

It's actually a bit like that.

But then again, that's a Goose Bumps story, and those tend to not be so serious.