Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Fire Emblem

8 years ago

I am currently playing my third playthrough of Fire Emblem (the first one released in America) and am on my very first Permadeath run (Characters stay dead) and also my first runthrough of trying to make all of my characters at least to get to Level 10.

If I'm not the only one that play Fire Emblem, then suggestions please? I am playing it http://www.loveroms.com/play-online/gameboy-advance/fire-emblem-u-/45270

Fire Emblem

8 years ago

I beat it on an emulator a while back.

Fire Emblem

8 years ago

What kind of suggestions?

Fire Emblem

8 years ago

Strategies on how to survive and not lose units at all.

Fire Emblem

8 years ago

Losses on Fire Emblem-

Bartre: He died on Level 12. He gotten down to 2 HP, and retreated to a fortress, but before he could do anything a bandit attacked him. RIP Bartre.

Fire Emblem

8 years ago

I lost two of my good units- an axe guy (Dorcas) and a Cavalry (Sain) on level 16x, a fucking sidequest. Anyway, I am grinding in the arena as much as possible until either A) my characters reach Level 20 or B) all my weapons break.

Fire Emblem

8 years ago

I just started posting in the forums today so I'm not sure when you guys consider one "dead" but Fire Emblem is hands down my favorite series, I've beaten all the english translations without losing anyone (its maddening but doable). If you're still looking for tips, Support conversations, and get your priests as much XP as possible are the two basic things to focus on.

Fire Emblem

8 years ago

I'm on my playthrough of a permadeath (no restart chapters) and so far I've lost Sain, Florina, Dorcas, Bartre, Fiora, and Heath. Most of them were lost on sidequests and used as shields to block my favorite characters (like Canas, Dart, Priscilla).

Also, if you like to roleplay, I have a roleplay that is made because of Fire Emblem... here is the link if you're interested. http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/forum-games/message/16316

Fire Emblem

8 years ago

KEEP DART ALIVE not sure if you know it, but he has the best growth rate.

You're playing by far the hardest one for permadeath, Problem is the game is a giant dice roll, have you looked up strategies and whatnot, like box techniques and such?

Fire Emblem

8 years ago

Nope, I'm using my own strategies. And I just got the Ocean Seal, he'll be a beserker shortly. And blank my life, Rath just died.

Fire Emblem

8 years ago

Best thing I've found for permadeaths is move slow, heavy high defense units at the front (generals, paladins) front and center, speedy hard to hit guys on the flanks (assassins, and swordmasters) archers and mages up the middle, and heavy hitters (like Dart) at the rear with your healers. Your tanks soften them up, since they usually get a single strike, and then that frees you up to almost always be offensive and gives you good chances to get your lower level people some easier kills.

Fire Emblem

8 years ago

Wow, you are a great strategist! Instead, though, I usually grind on arenas for Guy and Raven to promote, keeping my troubadour at a steady 15-20, since when she gets the chance to attack she isn't great. So when I max her out at 20, I use my guilding ring on Canas, Lucius, and Erk instead of her and Serra.

Once done with that (I tend to steer clear of Knights and slow, yet heavy units, I bench Oswin and Wallace for the entire game), I usually try to Level my Lords and the axemen (Dorcas, Bartre, and Dart) to promotion level as well. Unfortuantely, the damn game killed off Dorcas and Bartre when I had them both at Level 19 (Arena claimed Dorcas, I didn't bail quick enough) and Bartre was killed in a fog of war map by archers that I couldn't see.

I lost my airborne units through me using them on the desert level trying to unlock Genisis and gaining the items (got the items but not the sidequest). And I lost my cavalry because he got gang banged on the pirate level.

Fire Emblem

8 years ago

....Have you beaten the game before?

Fire Emblem

8 years ago

Yeah, I have. Easily.