Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

VOLTRON

7 years ago

I'm curious, has anyone here seen the original Voltron, GoLions, or the newest reboot, Voltron: Legendary Defender? I'd asume maybe some adults had seen the show, since it aired some years ago I believe. The point is, I am now in love with the way Dreamworks, creators of Avatar and Legend of Korra, and Netflix have recreated the show Voltron and now they are getting a season two.

If you are curious as to what the reboot is about, it's about 5 pilots who become paladins of the force called Voltron, and with much guidance by an ailean princess and her...I don't know..advisor?..they drive robotic and slightly magical lions and can transform into a warrior that is sent to defeat Zarkon, the main antagonist.

Of coarse that description is pretty breif and a little weird sounding..but trust me it's amazing. And it's a show that doesn't waste time, seeing as it has 13 episodes in the first season and it's already coming back late this year. This show is becoming much better than the original and captured old and new hearts-and the hearts of any anime loving fan or sci-fi geek. 

I'm becoming pretty obsessed, so has anyone here seen the show or wants to know about it? (P.S. It's not transformers. Just getting that out of the way.) (Also I'm back! My computer broke forever ago..)

VOLTRON

7 years ago
It was such a long time ago and was so short-lived that I'd actually completely forgotten about it.  I'm not sure it would appeal to me nowadays, since back then it was just a way to pass the time when there was absolutely nothing else to do.

VOLTRON

7 years ago

Yeah, not saying you need to go out of your way to see it, but I prefer the new one much more and it's definitely improved in my opinion.

VOLTRON

7 years ago

Used to watch the original one back in the 80s that came on after school. Well technically it was the altered “americanized” version of original since they had some awkward way of making sure nobody really died. (Like they claimed all the bad guy grunts were really robots and they cut away from any of the good guys that died and said they just got wounded and reassigned)

They actually had an americanized “Voltron 2” which took place more in outer space and had a bunch of vehicles form the Voltron robot instead. It was loosely connected to the Lion Voltron cartoon (The bad guys were supposed to be part of the same Empire and at least one of the good guys was related to one of the lion pilots)

However, in the original Japanese, this cartoon had nothing to do with the lion Voltron at all and was a completely separate entity. Sort of interesting how they did connect these two cartoon together for American audiences though.

VOLTRON

7 years ago

Wow, that's very interesting. I didn't even know about that. 

VOLTRON

7 years ago

I watched the original Voltron, though never saw any of the follow-ups. I did check out Voltron: Legendary Defender on Netflix though, and it was pretty good. I enjoyed the animation style and music especially. 

My nephews absolutely love it, and I'm always a sucker for anything with giant robots (and spaceships), so I'm glad it's getting a season 2. Will definitely watch more seasons of it.

VOLTRON

7 years ago

That's good to hear, I never even thought about the music, actually, but yes it is amazing.

VOLTRON

7 years ago

I once went to see a movie at the theater and uh, may have missed out on a lot of the plot because I was so distracted by the soundtrack. Let's just say I really enjoy music; maybe too much at times.

VOLTRON

7 years ago

Yeah! I finished it a few days ago, and now I'm waiting for the second season which is coming out in five days or so.

VOLTRON

7 years ago

Wait five days?!

*Googles*

Aaaaaaaahh! Yesss!