Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Total newbie here

7 years ago

Hey, everyone! A little bit about me: I'm a sophomore in high school as of right now, hoping/studying to go into career in the fine arts. Visual stuff, mainly but I like to write from time to time. I came in here wanting to read an "Choose-Your-Own-Adventure" and got a whole lot more, and now I'm hooked.

So getting to the point... I'm really wanting to publish my own story and am currently looking over the help threads, but I can't seem to get the hang of the whole editing thing. Soon.

Anyways, yeah! I made this thread b/c I didn't want to be a stranger on here, just lurking around like nobody's business. Again, hi!

Total newbie here

7 years ago

Hey, I'm Steve, welcome to the site. If writing's your goal here, I'd suggest spending some time in the Writer's Workshop. You can ask questions about writing, practice in some of the writing prompts or get people to review your work. Other than that, enjoy, try not to get offended by anything, and best of luck writing.

Total newbie here

7 years ago
Welcome, you seem like you'll be a nice addition to our community. Good luck with that story :D

Total newbie here

7 years ago

Hey hearmeowt, welcome!

What is it exactly you're having trouble with? Feel free to PM me, maybe I can suggest a specific article. That section's sort of a bloated mess right now, it can be a little overwhelming if you're not sure what you're looking for. 

Otherwise, good luck with your story, and feel free to drop by the Writing Workshop any time for feedback or advice. There are quick writing exercises posted there regularly too anytime you feel like you just need a warmup, or take any specific questions about the advanced editor to the...yeah, the advanced editor board. Basic scripting and variable usage is pretty simple once you have a couple of examples to work from though, and again, just ask if you need help.

Total newbie here

7 years ago

You got brown text down. Welcome.