Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Dungeons and Dragons Improv?

6 years ago

Hello, I'm Sabriel, and I'm fairly new to the site, and I'm currently working on my first story. Unfortunately I've started to lose my inspiration, and so I hope that this forum will be able to restore it. The basics of this is I will tell a story, when at key points I will ask you guys for suggestions, and then base the story off of that. I would like people to leave any thoughts they have, as well as criticism, constructive or not. I've never really been the best writer, and I feel like simply knowing of all my mistakes will be most beneficial.

To begin this story I will need;

A name, a race, and a background, as well as the race, name and backstory for two companions for the main character.

Until next time, I bid you a fair day!

Fear not the shadow, for it should fear you.

6 years ago

So basically you want other people to write your story for you.

6 years ago

Not quite, I guess an easy way to explain it is that I want you guys to create the skeleton, and I would flesh it out and create the story.

6 years ago

Never mind, I just read a message I got, and I'm not supposed to do threads like this, so I guess this thread is dead.

6 years ago

I'd suggest putting a sample of what you have written so far in the Writing Workshop forum? I'm sure there'll be people there that will gladly assist you with things.

6 years ago
Anything that stinks of role-playing isn't allowed here; the Forum Games section of the past attracted/encouraged too much idiocy and so this is why we can't have nice things.

Berka has his own board for roleplay campaigns and other games, it might be of interest to you.

An alternative that you actually can do here is starting out a D&D style story yourself, with your own characters and plot, and take votes and audience input on how they handle situations. Which in sounds similar to what you were planning anyway. (Check out the Sanitarium thread for an example.)

6 years ago

Thank you for the advice Mizal, I'll consider looking into it. But as I stated before, I'm most likely not going to be posting on this thread again. I was simply unaware that "role playing" was not encouraged.