Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Who else grew up on this book?

5 years ago

Anarchists Cookbook (pdf):
http://bnrg.cs.berkeley.edu/~randy/Courses/CS39K.S13/anarchistcookbook2000.pdf

To those who haven't read this, what do you think? Some parts are outdated and irrelevant to 2018, but a lot of it's pretty fucking cool.

5 years ago

I think I only know about this book because it's referenced in a Run The Jewels song. So no, haven't read it but wanted to participate. 

5 years ago
LOL, I remember that. Didn't know it'd been collected into an actual book, it was just another site to browse. You'd get put on all kinds of lists today just for clicking it I'm sure.

5 years ago

Yeah. I'm pretty sure a lot of it comes from an even older book called the "Mr. Bond Book" or something... I did have it as a pdf but I must've accidentally deleted it.

5 years ago

The author of the book eventually said he regretted writing it. I think it was even stated that some of the “recipes” in that book are outright wrong and you’d blow yourself up attempting them before managing to stick it to the man.

I saw it being sold in my university bookstore once. It was wrapped in plastic so you couldn’t just look through it and had a disclaimer on it. Though I imagine I got put on a FBI list just for picking it up anyway.

5 years ago

The dad of my uncles friend had an original copy.... it has to be worth some $$$. I tried some smoke bombs and lock-picking, but haven't tried any serious stuff. Apparently my uncle and dad were anarchists in high-school and did some crazy crap using that book. I think there's a page that shows you how to make LSD from a banana. XD

5 years ago
He needs to collect the faulty ones and distribute them in Muslim communities.

5 years ago

Sounds like a good plan XD