Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 10/8/2019: This can be hacked around presently. It would be a nice to have but it's realistically going to be done in the near future.

Items found in Multiple Locations

4 years ago
Just wondering, is it possible to make items found in multiple locations? I am relatively new to this but I have been playing around with it a bunch and can't find a way to make it work. The only workaround I can see is to have multiple 'items' and tie them to different locations that it could be found in. This method gets in the way of some other things I would like to do, so I would prefer to not if possible.
Sorry again if this has already been addressed or there is a way to make it work.

4 years ago
That depends on what you mean by "found". You can use scripting in give players an item, and scripting can be done on links, so you could have the same item given in different locations.

4 years ago
I'm not sure if this helps without more detail on what you're trying to do, but in addition to what Killa said, you can also have just one item and control the number of times the player can use it. You can represent multiples by just the one object in the inventory with X number of uses, and just keep changing it as they find more. http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=66