Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Back in Quarantine

3 years ago

Well, Ontario is back in quarantine. Covid is rampaging across the world again, and many jurisdictions are locking people back up. Businesses are shuttering again, you can't go out for food anymore, people look at you funny for walking your dog; everything seems familiar, these days. 

Does anyone here have any plans for second quarantine? Any goals you're planning on reaching? Any storygames you want to work on? 

Obligatory: 

Back in Quarantine

3 years ago

You say second quarantine like the first ended. Ah, but it's perma-quarantine over here. It's all cool because I'm starting 2021 with foreknowledge of this site, putting me a healthy four months ahead of 2020. Art, too. I had all of 2020 to piece together a solid socially-reclusive schedule and I'm looking forward to obsessively reading and reviewing to replace that hole that used to be a social life!

Back in Quarantine

3 years ago
Ugh, sorry. Enjoy your video games and the extra writing time I guess.

Nothing ever changes here, no one will be cancelling their travel plans or New Year's barbecues and most men won't wear masks unless their work forces them to and their boss is right there watching. Anyone who gets it bad will be explained away as actually having had some other condition, because the hospitals are lying about cause of death to get a $7000 bonus, obviously an enormous sum to a hospital that they have no other way of getting.

Hopefully for other places where people will get the vaccine it'll start to have a positive effect soon, and maybe this will be the last time this cycle happens.

Back in Quarantine

3 years ago

Hello, fellow Ontarian. My goal is to try not sink further into depression. That's all. Maybe start a game or two. Yay

Back in Quarantine

3 years ago

At times like these I'm very glad (even more so than usual) that I live in a small town. I only know of 3-4 people that had it since it started.

People are mostly living their lives like usual here, except you can't go out late anymore.

Back in Quarantine

3 years ago
I have adapted to the new normal. It's OK. Work is basically online now. Getting more done this way, as it saves the commute. I figured out how to get all the stuff I want delivered, so that's actually not bad. I am saving so much money, because there is no way to spend it. Hardly leave the house these days, perhaps once a week. (Was a good decision not buying a car again.) When I go out I wear my N95 all the time now. Only thing I miss is going to the swimming pool.