Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 7/26/2006: what they said

Recorded Forums

17 years ago
OK this might be hard to do but how about a thing where if you have a microphone recorder thing hooked to your computer then you can like send PM's in voices or post in the forums with your voices this can prevent constant mispelling on the keyboard

Recorded Forums

17 years ago
Try Dragon Naturally Speaking.  It's a program.  It takes about a month to train it though.

Recorded Forums

17 years ago
What is that

Recorded Forums

17 years ago
recorded forums is a bad idea. this is a writing website.

Recorded Forums

17 years ago

It is a program that you can use anywhere on your computer.  You have to buy it though.

Also JJJ, speaking is faster than typing so speaking would make your games come out faster.  It also allows you to think about what your saying before publishing it.

Recorded Forums

17 years ago
You think about what ur typign before you publish it betetr because like u said it takes longer so that means that you have more time.

Recorded Forums

17 years ago

i found this post in the forum search, which by the way check it out guys it looks awesome.  but here is what i found that pertains to this topic. just read whats bolded.

re:not sure whats going on this time

by Fleshnblood_78 on 12/16/2004 03:45 EST
[delete]  [move]  

i think what you are doing is awesome. ive nothing to complain about. a few minor kinks along the way are expected and so we just find and fix them.... ok we find and you fix lol. What would really rock is if you could hook up a mind reading device that puts our thoughts on the page so that we dont have to write lol. just a thought for the future. like yr 5000.

nate

Recorded Forums

17 years ago

lol, No wonder I couldn't reply to the bottom post.  I thought you had posted twice.

Recorded Forums

17 years ago
Have to agree with JJJ on this one. While that sounds like a good idea, one of the great things about writing is the ability to take your time processing your thoughts into crafted, written word. Speaking can actually lose a lot in the translation. I've read evidence of this actually, in a lot of research in my past.

As far as spelling errors, speaking can be useful, but not in the way you said. After a person writes a story, if they have problems noticing spelling and grammatical errors, reading the story out loud can be extremely helpful. Many people speak well but write poorly. Reading something out loud, in one's own voice, helps one to determine where to put commas, notice spelling errors, fix grammar, etc.

Recorded Forums

17 years ago
Complete Agreement.