Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Slang

6 months ago

What is your favorite slang eras and phrases (any fav online slang periods)? How do you feel about the way slang is so temporary? Any slang terms you want to bring back? 

Slang

6 months ago

No thanks

Slang

6 months ago

:(

Slang

6 months ago

There are a lot of old slang terms I've heard and really liked, but the one that I actually started using because of how funny it is, is "spifflicated" which is basically a 1920s synonym for drunk. Apparently it was invented in the 1800s to mean physically busted up or destroyed, so it's even more versatile than I thought.

Spifflicated is perfect for a certain kind of drunk, though, I feel. Because it feels like the way where you feel like you have a big vocabulary word to use but it doesn't come to you, so the result is a melted made-up phrase that sounds like what you feel like it should mean at that moment even though it isn't real. It conjures the image of a dude who really thinks he's keeping it all together even though he's at the stage where he may as well be speaking with a mouth full of lidocaine.

Slang

6 months ago

This is one of the best words I've ever heard lmao. Thank you for enlightening me. 

Slang

6 months ago
i feel like people get so famous that when they post on a random thread the simps go crazy.

dont get me wrong, i respect you very much, G.O.A.T, but yall need to chill.

"thank you for enlightening me" chill.

Slang

6 months ago

This is not a very uplifting statement from someone who's name is 'YouAreImportant'. :(

Slang

6 months ago
I'm sorry, i was just sharing how i feel.

Slang

6 months ago
btw the G.O.A.T. isn't ghostcatt its ISentinelPenguinI.

Slang

6 months ago

I barely post on here compared to the "famous" CYSers, I don't think the kids even know who I am! I'm sure Ghost just liked the word spifflicated.

Slang

6 months ago
That was just Poopgirl again and she's probably still salty at you for your epic putdown.

Slang

6 months ago

Indeed, It's such a silly lil word. 

Slang

6 months ago
Bro you're famous, please just remember the little guys when you're at the top