Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
Hey everybody! Are there any people who play guitar bass or drums???/ just wanted to talk to them if they did especially guitarists and bassists.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

ive played guitar for about 15 years

nate

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
Reallly??? Then couldn't you make music for storygames?

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
wow! thats really cool nate!! i never knew that about you!

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

could i make music for games? im not up to date on computer programs and such, so id say no. but i can play guitar music. if i had the right cohort it would be possible. as for not knowing that about me, ive never mentioned it. ive always just played for myself. a true "closet player" as they call them. i enjoy writing and playing for myself or my girl friend.

nate

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
awwweh

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

i know, a true romantic eh? i cant help it. its who i am.  im still not that good at creating new music, im working on song writing lyrics. my girl likes anything i write cause they are about her. but thats not a very good representation. but im getting better i think.

nate

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

Well thats how you get better right? Just keep on practicing.

Thats the one area of my life I'd like to get better on.  Music.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
thats cool!

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
Well it would be awesome if you made storygame songs :D

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

lol DDR, CYS style. my Rockstar game is my Ode to creating music. but its more on the business side rather than music side.

nate

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
Imagine using scripting to like somehow store lyrics so you could actually create songs.  Then having like it decide how good it is or something.  That would be sweet.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

years ago i did ponder a song writing kind of game. but couldnt get it to work. but with scripting, variables, and other features.... it might be possible. anyone wanna take on this feat?

nate

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
Not I but someone like you and Solo teamed up could prolly do it.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

hmmmmmmm this has got me thinking again. lol all it would take is having a list of one line lyrics, scripting to allow building a song, and somehow inputting different drum beats. drum beats cant be copyrighted lol ill have to ponder this a bit more... as well as pondering where deadly sinner is in all this. he created this thread.

nate

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
Then what you'd do is look at certain lines and which ones go together.  So then the script would recognise if any of the lines go together.  And if the user puts any of these combinations to use then the chemistry goes up.  So when they release it the higher the chemsitry the more teh sales.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

htats one direction. but i was just simply thinking, put lyrics together, pick your drum beat, and go karaoke style with it lol. that way you could sing it in front of your friends and they could be the judges.

nate

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
That could be incredibly cool actually.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
good to here about the musician(s)<--- i only put that becuase nate was the only one that actually posted anything about being a musician. i've played bass for a year and a half and played guitr for 6 months. yay me.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
Well I've played the keyboard for twelve years... Just this keyboard has a mouse next to it.... and its alot smaller... and it affects waht happens on a screen.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

stay with it deadly, music is a great skill to learn. its got many advantages to it. most practical, others not so much lol

nate

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
Well then Solo should learn it lol. He's all about practical :D

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

solo would probably make a better producer or composer of music rather than musician itself. no offense intended mind you. just that because he is that kind of mind, creating is more his style.

nate

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
I might buy that music.  Unless it was uber80's :D

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

anyone played guitar hero? they rae coming out with an 80s game. thats gonna rock lol

nate

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

wow, i gotta get that game than if its an 80s game :p

and that music game idea that nate is thinking of is awesome!! nate, seriously consider it!

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

I helped :(

Naw just kidding, its all Nate.  You should do it.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

3j was also involved in the idea lol as for the guitar hero game coming out, check this out...

http://www.guitarherogame.com/gh80s/

nate

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

I like those games, Im just not very good lol.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
hehe same!

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
I hear it helps to be an actual guitarist.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

Hi, I'm a muso, and a composer. It was my main class back in my highschool days, played in two school bands and a jazz band. Don't do a lot of it these days though, but I wrote Christian songs that were performed at the church I went to, and choruses that the church sometimes sings during their services, and I recorded two cd's of guitar music at one point for my family to listen to (because they were always telling me I had to record something). 

For many years I was involved with making computer games (that never got completed) and I created the soundtracks and sound effects for them as well, with keyboard, drum machine, electric guitar and bass. However, I don't think the time and effort that goes into that sort of thing is really with me anymore. (Especially when no money is involved, lol). I find I do too many things, and nothing much gets done, so I'm trying to focus on just writing. And painting.

How would music in storygames work though? I know we've seen you can embed music into a page, but will the song end when you go to a new page, or keep going? How does the page know if the music has stopped, and when to play a new song? Would you simply have a looping track for each seperate page, and as long as you stay on that page, one of the songs repeats itself in the background, then when you go to a new page, a new song loads up and loops in the background?

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
Thats the idea I think.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
If I could embed music into storygames I'd probably record something. I play the guitar (acoustic and electric), but I know how to play the drums (properly :P), the bass guitar, some minor stuff on the piano/keyboard.

Did you have a teacher for guitar/have a teacher for guitar Nate? I've been teaching myself, but a few people I know who are incredibly good (like full shredding and everything) get lessons.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

I haven't told anyone this (even you JJJ) but I've played guitar for 2 yrs now. and base for 4 yrs.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

i got lessons for most of those years. a local legend here in tennessee taught me. he was really good. never made it nationally but he was good around town. he still teaches, i need to see him again.

nate

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
lol, i finally found a fellow musicain

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
lol you did so tell me.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
ya, but not how long i played for, or which type i played

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
you told me about guitar but not bass lol.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
true

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
but why?

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
i dunno, thought u weren't into it, didn't really seem like it mattered

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
Reasonable I guess.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
yah

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
II started guitar about five years ago, then I stopped and now I've started again. I got an electric for my birthday, and you can make ANYTHING sound good on an electric, so that's always fun.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
Yeah, that's the stuff. Just put distortion on and nobody can tell what you're playing.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
that's SO true lol

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago

this is the forum i started and havent really said anything. but yeah, have distortion and it sounds so cool no one would ever know.

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
It's a WEIRD sound bra

Any Musicians out there?

16 years ago
Wel yeah, but the first time I played electric (it was Chris's), I hadn't played guitar in ages, And Im just like 'wow, you need no skill whatsoever.... I want one.' I got one eventually, and now you can play as crap as you want and it still kicks ass.