Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

9/11

16 years ago

Tell me what you think of a storygame that involves 9/11. You can go back and changed what happened. Would this offend anyone?

Quinton

9/11

16 years ago
YES IT WOULD OFFEND ME AND MY FAMILY AND MY PET DOG!!! No, go for it. Those kinds of somber stories are always cool.

9/11

16 years ago
I admit they can be fun, but like any other genre, they arent ever "always" cool.

9/11

16 years ago

that would be pretty OG. if y'all dont know what an OG well u just aint gangsta.

that would be cool, as long as it wasn't like

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA The terrorists beat you.

9/11

16 years ago
There was one on infinite-story for a while, it was written poopypeanutz, but was posted by madmonkey666, someone who stole poopy's stories and posted them as his own. It was deleted so I can't even link you to it anymore. It was pretty interesting, though, the writer wrote the characters to be terrible people so that it almost seemed as though they deserved it. Dark, sure, but an interesting angle.

9/11

16 years ago

Poopypeanuts also did one about Katrina Disaster (Which Monkeyman also stole) and about the Virginia Tech Massacre.

The Katrina one was alright, since it dealt with looting in the aftermath of it and was fairly long. The V-Tech one wasn’t quite as good. It was short and just had you in the role as Cho.

Anyway, a story like that wouldn’t offend me, but then again very little does. I would imagine you're not really going for pure shock value/offensiveness given that you're doing a story about trying to stop 9/11 so I don't see the problem.