Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Would you be interested in...

15 years ago
I had an idea for a new story game last night. What I'm thinking is just the cliche Wizard is wrecking havok, so the king sends a knight to rough him up a bit and then kill him. Boring right? Here's where the twist comes in. The story would be for TWO people. One would be the heroic Knight, the other the wicked Wizard. It would be played via PM, and it would make use of a map. (But the other player won't know where you are until they actually venture into that room themselves. I made the map last night, but that didn't take long. So I'm wondering if people would actually be interested in playing with somebody else. (Also, forgot to mention it would be in two diffrent storygames, one for the wizard, and one for the Knight.

15 years ago
Wait, is it played by PM or in storygames?  I don't get it.

15 years ago
Both. I'll explain the system I'm thinking of a little more. Each of the two storygames would represent the two characters. Both of the participating players would each take Two actions in their storygames. They would then PM to the other player their current locations to the other player. But they still wouldn't know exactly where they were, because each player would get a map to write down the names of the rooms they visit, but the ones they haven't will still be blank. Their would be a system for battling each player, and as well as the several monsters that will block both players paths in each room. They would each also get two of their own allys that they can tell to go to a room they have already visited. And if the other player happened to enter that room, they would be ambushed. (Of course, each player would have to keep track of where their partners are.)

15 years ago
That sounds hella confusing.

15 years ago

This sounds exactly like an old game system called 1 on 1 Adventure Gamebooks.

http://www.gamebooks.org/1on1list.htm

I actually owned the Castle Arcania one.

15 years ago
I knew of the 1 on 1 gamebooks, but I didn't know their was one with the same plot line. All well, mine is essentually an entirely different game. (But their IS a map.)

15 years ago
It's a good idea.  Playing something like that would be easier now over the net.  

15 years ago
Well, maybe I should ask one more question then.

If I did make this, would guys actually play it with another person?

15 years ago
Silver, you should make 2 games, one for the wizard and one for the knight, because only members get PMs

Or just have the game in turns

15 years ago
The game is played in turns over PM's. And their would be two seperate story games, one for both. (I also just realized that even non-members would be able to play over E-Mail.)