Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Flavour Text for my quiz

10 years ago

So, I've been working on some flavour text for my personality quiz (well, actually I've been working on it before I started making it but I just didn't feel like implementing any of the flavour text or the pics in the beta version) but I'm sure if it's long enough or is any good. Here's an example of what it'll be like:

Calm and quiet.
You posses a mixture of kindness and boldness.
You can be very patient, but you don't like to wait forever.

It's going to have two adjectives and two sentences following it. I'm just worried this isn't going to be long enough. The problem is I have over 700 possible outcomes and it's going to be hard to come up with a long description for all of them.

Thoughts?

Flavour Text for my quiz

10 years ago

You're right about how hard it will be to come up with long descriptions for all 700.

If it were me, I would focus on just getting a small description done for them. If I were to think up a longer one for some, I would slowly start transitioning them over. Once you get a good number of them done, it should be easy to keep the ball rolling to get more finished.

The pictures, that's a tough one. If you want to spend the time looking for 700 unique pictures to sort, rename, upload, and place.... then go for it. It would definitely make the small descriptions feel less empty.