Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Mommy, How Should I Distribute My Stats?

10 years ago

I absolutely love this game, but every time I try to play it I get stuck early on. You only have 100 points to distribute, and at least 10 of them need to go to endurance. Does anyone know of a build that works, or a way to increase the number of stat points?

Also, I keep getting stuck at the Russian's House. (spoiler alert) Is there any way to avoid Leon killing you? (/spoiler)

p.s. I'm sorry if there's already a thread like this. I couldn't really find anything useful.

10 years ago

Whoof! That was one hard game to get through since it was updated. It's really challenging now. Been so long though that I don't know how to help. I just recall I maxed luck and brains...

10 years ago

I remember never using the bruiser skill, and that pharmacist and weapon master were useful. I think that I just kept my stats balanced, but gave more to end and luck.

10 years ago

Endurance is, of course, important. Your stats should depend on which skills you choose. The story is "winnable" with any combination that I tried. Try to pick stats that coincide with the skills you choose. So, if Bruiser requires strength, and you want that, make sure to have plenty of strength.

The main thing to remember is that the story is checking and rolling dice behind the scenes. So, even if you have a trait, if you don't have the stats to allow the trait to function, it won't.