Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Intro

5 years ago

Hey everyone. As you've probably guessed, I'm new to the site. It's been a great time killer for me in the past and I'd really like to contribute my own talents in some way. Whether that will really happen or not remains to be seen. I have a pretty demanding schedule, and my being in the army also means sometimes means no internet for long periods of time. I enjoy writing and I've always been a fan of the choose your own adventure style, so I'm hoping this will be a good fit for me. The community here seems nice too, and I love the level of activity on the forums. Feel free to shoot me a message. I can't always respond right away, but that doesn't mean I won't appreciate it!

Intro

5 years ago
Welcome to the site! I wish you luck in your writing efforts.

Intro

5 years ago
Hello Gorgon, welcome to the site. Since you're in the army, do you have any interesting stories to share about that? Lack of internet shouldn't be a major problem, just write everything in a document and paste it here when you're able to; writing in the site editor isn't the best idea anyway, especially now when the site is dropping so often. If you ever need help, feel free to let us know. Have fun! :)

Intro

5 years ago
Hey, welcome to the site.

You seem reasonably literate so I'm sure you'll do fine. Just let us know if you have any questions, and if you ever want feedback on a story excerpt or general advice just drop by the Writing Workshop.

I'd generally recommend rating and reviewing a few of the top rated storygames to get an idea of the possibilities before diving into your own project, but it sounds like you've already been reading awhile and just made an account?

Intro

5 years ago

Hi new person. Please get a picture, and ideally some wacky, zany character traits so I can remember you ASAP.

Intro

5 years ago
New person, you should make a thread about being in the army, and also you should feel free to be completely honest and open about how you feel about Muslims. This is a safe space and no one will bother you except for maybe the commie and the weeb.

Intro

5 years ago
>the weeb

Puddlebunny I mean.

There are a lot of weebs I just thought I should clarify.

Intro

5 years ago

US Soldiers annoy me, and I'll bother him. Why do they get a discount card? Why do they try to use their discount in Ireland, a foreign country? Christ, they're not even doing anything for me, I'd rather they have become fisherman, they live riskier jobs and drive down the ever-increasing price of a nice bitta Salmon.

Intro

5 years ago
Dammit Steve, you were supposed to wait in ambush and now you've ruined everything.

Do you know how hard it is finding regulars still willing to get in big dumb time wasting debates with you?

Intro

5 years ago

To be fair, US soldiers have a history of being ambushed and murdered by peasants, and my people have a history of doing so.

Intro

5 years ago

:) Welcome! Thank you for your service! I hope I get to read your stories someday! I recommend that you keep copies of your stories offsite, just in case the site accidentally deletes everything (like it just deleted this message I was writing here, and now I’m rewriting it). If you have the time and are interested, I would like to recommend some awesome stories/games that I recommend to others by using copy and paste:

I especially recommend the works by BerkaZerka, Ogre11, and EbonVasilis. So far I have only been able to read some of each of their impressive works in the limited time I am here. I suspect all their works are awesome!

BerkaZerka’s Dead Man Walking (Zombie Survival) is extremely well written [I managed to get the best possible ending!] and kept my eyes glued to the phone I use (though it does have violence/gore and some language), he has also got great puzzles and games (Some of which I have still not completed. They’re awesome!). Ogre11’s awesome works I have read/played so far include: Spy Mission (You gotta see the different endings), Cryogenic Failure (Again, you gotta see the different endings), UFO at School, Alien Abduction, Finding the Muse. Of EbonVasilis’s works, so far I have read his epic A Chosen Hero (I’ve got to read more of his works!). I have also played cMitchell3’s Get out Alive, read Will11’s true story Climbing Beyond The Clouds, read MinnieKing’s inspirational message Addition, and read the short mouse hero story by pinkalily21, Alone in the Forest. There are great writers and future great writers to be found on this site.

I hope you have an awesome time here!

Intro

5 years ago
sup