Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello!

4 years ago

Found this place from the Adrift Discord. Looks like it'll be fun here! I love old CYOA's and TTRPG's. It was a lot of fun and now that I'm writing more, I thought I'd take a stab at making an IF. Currently, I'm working on learning Adrift to get started. I played with a few different engines and found that I like this one the most.

Hello!

4 years ago
Welcome to the site! Feel free to write, or just read and explore!

Hello!

4 years ago
Welcome to Cys! The featured stories are all good reads and the forums are great for any advice/feedback you may want for your own stories. There is also a discord that's pretty active. :)

Hello!

4 years ago
Hey Jeongju, welcome!

I linked your audio drama thingy to a couple of people I thought might be interested, hopefully they'll get a chance to check it out.

Any particular genre you're interested in? If you're interested in checking out the storygames here I'm sure we could get some recommendations together for you. (Although if you're going to say horror, for whatever reason that seems to be one of the less popular categories to write, so I'd always be happy to see people creating more stuff for that one.)

Also, we've got a Skybreak thread I bumped with a link to the 1.1 version recently. I'd really recommend you check it out, that and Tingalan (a dying horribly while lost in the woods simulation, also by Theo) are probably two of the biggest and most ambitious ADRIFT games there are, even if they're closer to CYOA/RPG style than parser IF.

Hello!

4 years ago

Hello Jeongju

What's your IF about