Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello! (Returnee here)

3 years ago

Hey!

I haven't been on this for ages -- I still remember the forum game saga The Tavern (or whatever it was called), a weird on-going joked involve mustaches, and BZ newly releasing a zombie game....I figured I'd say hi before I go snooping around. So hi!

Hello! (Returnee here)

3 years ago
Welcome back! Always nice to see a returning oldbie.

Average story quality has improved massively in the last few years and you'll see there's been some pretty major shakeups of the featured games list. If you have any questions about forum history or drama I'm sure someone will be happy to fill you in.

Also, if you're on PC you should get Brad's site extension for dark mode. There's a link to his profile in mine.

Hello! (Returnee here)

3 years ago

Thanks! Is there an extension to show/preview the summaries without having to go through and individual story?

Hello! (Returnee here)

3 years ago
Unfortunately no, but that's not a bad idea and it's something you might ask him about if it's possible to add. @BradinDvorak

You can search by tags with it though and at any rate, if you wandered off before BZ published Dead Man Walking, that one should keep you busy a good long while.

Hello! (Returnee here)

3 years ago

I wondered off afterwards. But yeah, it was good. I forgot I had beta read it or whatever (my nickname was mentioned in the summary)

Hello! (Returnee here)

3 years ago

Can't say I'm not interested in the drama. I saw a part of the whole mustache crusade (never did learned what killed it...nor attended the "funeral" of said mustache mentioned in wacky old post) and I once heard mention of sometype of overflow of fanfics (My Little Pony maybe? Hello Kitty? It was something girly iirc), which I thought was hilarious (probably because I wasn't there when it occurred)...Anywho, there's probably some interesting drama I'd like to hear about.

Hello! (Returnee here)

3 years ago
Warrior Cats

Anyway here's a tldr of site history, courtesy of Endmaster.

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/24843

The major thing as far as drama was that Kiel Farren got made a mod, turned super petty and egotistical and then was removed from power by JJJ's timely return when he secretly gave admin powers to an alt account he was letting somebody else log into.

Oh right and a little after that he turned out to be a FtM tranny with a whole host of exciting mental illnesses, using his popularity to groom young teens on Skype. He liked to threaten suicide to keep his internet family around. Such a trivial thing I almost forgot.

Hello! (Returnee here)

3 years ago

Yikes. I'm not sure to be horrified or what. I know mental illness is screw people up (one of my aunts is mentally ill, so there has been some questionable episodes), but no excuse to poison others. Crazy is fine, but not that type of crazy.

Hello! (Returnee here)

3 years ago
Huh. Welcome back. That's quite some time to be away and suddenly remember such an odd place as this!

Hello! (Returnee here)

3 years ago

Eh, I occasionally remembered this site. But usually I only looked for a quick glimpse, checking checking outbsome ofbthr stories I remembered, before getting distracted and leaving again *sweat drop emoji*

Hello! (Returnee here)

3 years ago
Look! Something shiny!

Hello! (Returnee here)

3 years ago

Shiny? Where?!

Hello! (Returnee here)

3 years ago
Hey, nice to see you again ^v^

Hello! (Returnee here)

3 years ago

Hey to you too! Can't wait to see what wacky things have gone and will go on! ;P