Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Allegiant (sucks)!

9 years ago

"Allegiant" by Veronica Roth...  My thoughts?  Well the first few words were okay, then everything went to crap.  The character development was the worst.  I F****NG hate Tris more than anything right now.  And how she fricking sacrificed herself at the end, trying to be Abnegation?  I found that it was so stupid that she was like, "I'm not Abnegation now, so I can beat up my brother, yell at my boyfriend, and be mean to everyone."  And everyone still liked her!  And how she yells, ignores, and shoves Tobias down the toilet (metaphorically) is dumb!  So when he yells at her, she fricking cries!  SHE CRIES!  The whole series was a disappointment.  At first, when I read the first book, I thought it would be a good series.  And then she had to screw up Tris, and then kill her off in the end so fricking randomly! 

I don't usually swear, but... F**K YOU TRIS!!!!!!!!!!

If that doesn't emphasize how much I hated the book, then I don't know what can.  If you don't know what I'm freaking out about, go read the series for yourself, and you'll see.

And then she went off and made a book about Four's perspective... who would want to read that, after you could read his part of the POV in the third book!

If you go onto the thread about Divergent, you can see how much I liked the series so far, but now, I can't even...  STUPID TRIS!  WE ALL KNOW YOU DIDN"T DIE FOR CALEB, YOUR MOM, OR DAD!  YOU DIED BECAUSE VERONICA ROTH HAS BEEN WANTING TO KILL YOU OFF SINCE THE BEGINNING!

Allegiant (sucks)!

9 years ago

It's more like your feels are tingling than anything.

I stopped reading after I finished Divergent after seeing how there was no contingency for such a flawed system.  I want a real dystopia / utopia, like in The Giver.  (But the movies for these teen novels are 80% BS, the only 20% I reserve to the first Hunger Games movie.  That was the only one I liked when it had a more detached camera view to Katniss.)

Allegiant (sucks)!

9 years ago

That is true.  Although in the Hunger Games movies, they seem to portray Katniss much more than in reality.  It's like she is omnipotent!  And Jennifer Lawrence's voice is too monotone in my opinion.

Allegiant (sucks)!

9 years ago

*Most interesting man in the world*

I don't usually swear, but when I do...

I FUCKING LET LOOSE, DO YOU FUCKING HERE ME!? 

Allegiant (sucks)!

9 years ago

lol!  That's hilarious.

Allegiant (sucks)!

9 years ago

See? I told you.

Allegiant (sucks)!

9 years ago

You did... wow.

Allegiant (sucks)!

9 years ago

I know what you feel! In my opinion, V.R. rushes the end of all the Divergent books. I felt like Tris didn't need to die and she only did it to be #notmainstream.

Allegiant (sucks)!

9 years ago

It's more like your feels are tingling than anything.

I stopped reading after I finished Divergent after seeing how there was no contingency for such a flawed system.  I want a real dystopia / utopia, like in The Giver.  (But the movies for these teen novels are 80% BS, the only 20% I reserve to the first Hunger Games movie.  That was the only one I liked when it had a more detached camera view to Katniss.)

Farasat

Allegiant (sucks)!

9 years ago

Is there any reason for copying my post?  O.o

Allegiant (sucks)!

9 years ago

Plagiarism much?