Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Anyone read Felidae?

8 years ago

Did anyone else here read "Felidae"?

It's a German? novel written by Akif Pirincci. It's a murder mystery, but with cats.

The plot is that the main character, Francis, moves into a new neighboorhood with his owner. As he's checking out the house, he finds a cat corpse in the backyard. A cat named Bluebeard tells him that it's the fourth murder this month. Realizing that something serious is going on, Francis decides to investigate. 

In my opinion, Felidae did way better with the whole "sentient cats" logic than Warriors, as Felidae's is much more realistic since the cats actually act like cats. 

Oh, and the novel got its own movie adaptation. It can be found on Youtube.

Anyone read Felidae?

8 years ago

I don't think I'm going to be reading anything cat-related for a long time :P

Anyone read Felidae?

8 years ago

Can't blame you. Warriors ruined the concept of cat xenofiction for a lot of people.

Anyone read Felidae?

8 years ago

If his name is anything to go on, Bluebeard is definitely the one whodunnit.

Anyone read Felidae?

8 years ago

Actually, Bluebeard ends up becoming Francis' partner, and helps him solve the case.

Anyone read Felidae?

8 years ago

Wait, so two urban feral male cats, that were perfect strangers until now, can actually put up with each other without violently fighting first?... I've never actually seen that happen, I didn't think it could....

Anyone read Felidae?

8 years ago

They barely put up with each other's crap for a while at first, so not exactly.

Anyone read Felidae?

8 years ago

Oh I saw the movie.  It's really violent.  And yes, there is cat sex.  The US dub has Cary Elwes, Michael Madsen, and Malcolm McDowell.

Anyone read Felidae?

8 years ago

"Cat sex" ... aaaaand I'm never going to see it. xD

Anyone read Felidae?

8 years ago

That is probably the most legitimate reason to never see a movie.