Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Questions about Candyland

6 years ago

Is there a name for those little plastic circular things that they used to have in Candyland that you put cards in so they stand upright? Like, the characters were on cards and you were supposed to set them up around the board or play as them or some shit, I dunno. If there's maybe some way to buy, like, an egregious amount of those, what would I have to do to get all of them? I have some interest in playing Warhammer, but no interest in spending the 50 billion dollars that it takes to play Warhammer, so if I could just shoddily make all the dudes out of paper and candyland bits to get into the game or whatever with other people who have only a casual interest in the game, that'd be a great way to spend a Friday at least. Honestly, I'm just sick of playing Total War and pretending I conquered a massive multi-tiered city just because I managed to charge through what the game made painfully obvious was just one outside wall in a massive segmented city of a thousand goddamn walls.

Anyway, yeah. Candyland card holders. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyone care enough to help me out here? I hear Games Workshop likes to sue people for mishandling 40k, so obviously we're just gonna do the medieval one.

6 years ago

They're commonly just called plastic stands.

At least I'm guessing you mean these things:

https://www.amazon.com/FFG-FFS32-Plastic-Stands/dp/1589949641

6 years ago

Holy shit, they're exactly what I'm looking for, with exactly the intended purpose I had in mind. Until now, I figured candyland and birthday cakes were the only things that had them.