Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago

So!

Sometimes I'm reading through games on my phone and I want to write a review.  This doesn't always work out for me because my button disappears and I can't seem to make the fixes work.  So I save it to my notepad.  Unfortunately one time it was late and I forgot to write the title of the story I was saving the review for.

My review is as follows:

I like the premise and the writing is fairly good. On one if the pages you lapse into first person instead of second, which should be easily fixed. I struggled with the item combining, but the puzzle had a very good, old timey, point and click feel that I appreciate.

Unfortunately, now I can't seem to find the game that I wanted to write this review for.

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago
How recent was this? If you check your browser history seeing the title might ring a bell.

If I read a game but for whatever reason can't review it at the time I usually go back to just before the end and save it to mark it for later.

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago

I'll check that out....when I'm less tired.  I make fewer mistakes that way. :)  Just wish I wasn't so sick.

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago

If you're feeling sick, you should remove your eyes from the screen and take some rest. Feel better! 

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago

Problem is that I can t breathe when I lie down, so I tend to stay awake until I can't keep mt eyes open any longer.  Unfortunately my eyes have more stamina than my cognitive functions.

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago
Ehg... that's kind of creepy. Try blacked-out (with tinfoil) swim goggles.

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago

I don't usually get called creepy anymore.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago
You're not creepy are you? I'm just envisioning a scene, from what you posted, like in the first Paranormal Activity, where you sit up in bed, in the dark, just staring for hours on end haha!

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago

Heh.  I just meant that I start to get silly and forgetful long before my eyes are so tired I can't keep them open anymore.  :D

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago
Tried propping yourself up in bed or an easychair with pillows?

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago

That's generally the only way I can fall asleep.  But eventually my stack of pillows just kinda topples to the side and wakes me up.  Alas.  But at least I'm slowly getting better.  (I think.)  One of these days I need to get one of those stuff chair back things that go on beds.  Don't know what they're called or where I'd find them, but I've seen them.

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago

My lord. Have you seen a doctor yet? 

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago

Nope.  They always tell me the same thing: drink lots of liquids (which I've done) and get lots of rest (which I do as much as I'm able).  Unless certain symptoms crop up, or it lasts longer than a week, I don't go to the doctor.  When it comes to colds, that is.  I'll have to see the doctor about my constant feeling of tiredness.

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago

Is this just happening because you have depression or are there any more illnesses? 

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago

That's the question really.  It's a bit hard to tell, but the last month or so I've been far more tired than usual.  It's actually pretty fortunate I popped back on here because it's at least given me something to work on.  Which is mostly why I joined the contest, to keep my working to a goal/deadline.  Not that I wouldn't write to win, but I don't have any illusions that I'll be able to beat any of the folks who have been doing this for much longer.

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago

I think you're pushing yourself a bit too far. Maybe ask your parents for advice or if you can move in or something. 

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago

I'm already living with my mom; I have been since I split from my ex.  Which is a long story that I probably shouldn't air on this forum.

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago
Can't breath when lie down + chronic fatigue, might be sleep apnea and worth a trip to doctor/sleep doctor. Especially if on muscle relaxing meds or opiods.

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago
Sorry to hear about the tiredness. I've gone through periods like that before. Could be lots of things, and a number of different types of ways out of it (from finding a thing to do to diet to sleep patterns, etc.). I hope it goes away quickly for you this time!

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago
Did you rate the game, before starting the review? If so, just look at your XPs to see which ones.

Curse My Bad Memory

6 years ago

I did.  I think it MIGHT be "Mind Games" by bradhal, but I can't be certain, so I'm going through it again.  I might never know. ;)  But looking through my XP was a good suggestion; thank you.