Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The New Year

4 months ago

The Christmas season has come to an end, and with that, the new year is upon us! Use this thread to share your plans for the day (assuming you have any), goals for the coming year, thoughts about this past year, and other new-year-related ramblings.

I currently have a steak in the sous vide bath that I plan to eat with potatoes and roasted green beans while someone in the distance sets off fireworks. That's about the extent of my celebration this year.

The New Year

4 months ago
I have made all the same resolutions for things I was supposed to do last year, and I have sweet and sour sauce for meatballs and these shrimp bite things and entirely too much food to just share with my cat. My family keeps sabotaging every holiday this year by being "sick" or "working" or some dumb excuse like that, not that we're really into excessive holiday gestures anyway.

The New Year

4 months ago
I farted

The New Year

4 months ago
I came

The New Year

4 months ago
Watched our resident Hatter make some drawings in a stream with a few others from the site, much more fun New Year's than anticipated. God bless all you dweebs and degenerates and here's hoping 2024 will be a good year.

The New Year

4 months ago
Gus come to Hus

The New Year

4 months ago
So what resolutions have we all broken so far?

The New Year

4 months ago

I have broken exactly zero resolutions so far.

Of course, I made exactly zero resolutions.

The New Year

4 months ago

I've never made any, never saw the point to them.

The New Year

4 months ago

I don't make them either.  Usually, I figure if I know I should be doing something differently, I start on it right away rather than save it up for the beginning of a year.

The New Year

4 months ago
Interesting thing is that January was named after the god of doorways and time. looking backward at the old year and forward making promises to the gods about the new one has been a part of celeberating new years going back to ancient times.

The New Year

4 months ago