Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Travelling for Inspiration looking for advices!

one month ago
Hello Everyone! I'm hoping to visit Egypt soon for inspiration for some travel stories I'm writing. I'd love to hear your recommendations on places I should visit to experience the rich culture and history firsthand.

I'm looking mainly at destinations within a few hours of Cairo. So far I have Cairo itself on my list along with Luxor and Aswan. What other smaller towns or lesser known areas would you suggest to help bring my stories to life? I want to get a sense of local life beyond just the major sites.

Any beautiful natural landscapes, vibrant markets or historic neighborhoods come to mind that could add interesting details? I appreciate authentic, off-the-beaten path kinds of suggestions too if you have any to share.

This trip is really about immersing myself in Egypt to do my stories justice. Any inspiration you can offer would be greatly appreciated! I want to make the most of my time there and explore alot. Thank you in advance for any recommendations!

And if you have other places aside from Egypt, I would be open to put in my list. Thank you so much!

one month ago
If you are not a bot, blink twice.

one month ago

Seems like a bot at this point. The only reason I didn't ban immediately is due to it calling someone a humongous faggot which I haven't seen any of the bots do yet that stumble upon here, so the other posts it did just semi-passed itself off as a typical retarded noob.

Anyway, bot or not, banned for not being entertaining enough. If it is an actual person, they can try again with their new alt I suppose.

one month ago

I find it kind of entertaining that the bot just assumes that everybody on CYS is rich enough that we can serve as a human travel brochure of Egypt, because presumably, we must've all traveled there at some point to get inspiration for our stories.

Anyways, I really should get back to work on Price of Freedom 2, so off to Rome I go. ^_^

one month ago
It just took the phrase 'humongous faggot' from the OP and repeated it to look on topic.

one month ago

Yeah but given how often such a phrase is used around here, it's odd that it took this long for one of the many bots over the years to do it.

one month ago
I'm actually traveling to Chicago today, wondering if that might be inspirational. I might just get shot tho.

one month ago
The scariest part of that city is having all those trains go over your head.

one month ago

I'm really confused as to the objective of this particular bot. Most of the bots post links to dodgy sites, this one just... Says weird things.

one month ago
Sometimes what they'll do is make a bunch of random, weird but harmless thread replies, then come back later to edit the dodgy links in. I assume that's what happened here, but then I have no idea why it would draw attention to itself by making a thread of its own.

one month ago
And many times what we think of as bots are actually Indians.

ie: stupid