Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Apocalypse Yesterday vs 331 Oakmount Drive

7 years ago

I haven't read A.Y. yet so I'm not in a position to say, but it's equally highly rated as Oakmount and it's a lot longer. Do you guys think it should replace it as a featured game?

It seems like the standard of writing might be a bit higher in Oakmount.

7 years ago

Just clicking through a few pages of each, I'd agree on the writing, and on general principal I'd rather see a newer game get a turn.

But, ugh, why did it have to be zombies? :(

7 years ago

After reading through both of these storygames, I think that Apocalypse Yesterday edges out Oakmount Drive in writing quality. So I don't think that I would mind all too much in seeing a feature replacement occur.

7 years ago
I haven't read A.Y. but I have read Oakmount.

Oakmount isn't a particularly impressive story overall, but it's written in a technically sound manner. It's definitely the weakest of the featured horror stories.

7 years ago
I notice Oakmount Drive is still up. Change your mind on this, or was it just that not enough people cared? (People rarely pay attention to this board I've noticed...)

7 years ago

I think Oakmount is slightly better than Apoclapyse Yesterday and there wasn't enough community opposition to sway me on it.