Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

free point

3 years ago
I got tired of looking at this game on the front page, particularly since the long title is making the Stories in Need games overflow their box. I just now realized it's going to be there forever since it won't even let you play without a code from the author's previous game. So I temporarily edited in an End Game link on the first page. Have at it. Clover Seven: Ace Attorney - Episode 2: The Party Killer Turnabout It needs 11 more ratings to get off of there. And the author hasn't logged in for ten years, but rest assured I totally got their permission.

free point

3 years ago
Oh right, and here's the first two pages to help guide your important rating decisions:
*The dark sky sets over Washington D.C. It is no surprise, considering the time. The full moon brings out light, almost as if it is a dim light bulb. Clover finds himself walking down the concrete pathway to the dark, unlit movie theater. He begins to wonder what is going on as he approaches the doors.* Clover: (I don't get it. Ed told me to meet him here tonight to discuss a new case, but I don't see him anywhere, and the theater is so dark it looks closed. Hm... Let me see here. That's funny, the Monument Theater is not supposed to close for another two hours... Hey, the doors unlocked. Maybe they're just having electrical problems. Better go in.)
((Then you have to click on five items to activate the continue link.))
*The inside of the Monument Theater was not as dark as it seemed. Once inside, the Now Showing list with the different movies illuminated an eerie red glow. Chairs were under the tables like normal, and besides the lights, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The lights suddenly came on as several figures quickly arose.* ???: SURPRISE! Clover: WHA-! ???: Happy Birthday Clover! Clover: Huh? Oh! Hi Ed. Hello Alan. What's going on here? Did you actually throw me a surprise birthday party Ed? Ed: Yep! Clover: And I assume you told Alan right? Alan: He sure did! Clover: Did he also happen to tell you Alan that today is not my birthday? Ed: ? Clover: Ed, my birthday is not until next Friday... Ed: Um... I threw it today, so, that, it would be a bigger, um, surprise? Clover: ...You forgot again didn't you? Dang, we've been friends for years and you can't even remember my birthday. Ed: Sorry Clover, I don't remember the details. I'm more of a big picture guy. Clover: Whatever. So you actually convinced the workers here to throw this? ???: If by "Convince" you mean "Pay", then yes he did. Alan: Huh? Who are you? ???: Oh, I'm sorry. How rude of me. My name is Matt Donofrito, I work here, and I am the one in charge of setting up the party. Clover: Well, thank you Mr. Donofrito. I am Clover Seven, Defense Attorney. Donofrito: Nice to meet you, please enjoy the party! Clover: Hey wait. Before you go, I need to ask you something. Donofrito: Yes sir? Clover: Who's that guy sitting over there? Donofrito: Oh, that's just Mr. Sandfu. He got stuck with the late shift and isn't too happy with the boss right now. Clover: And how about that girl, talking to him? Donofrito: Can't say I know who that is. She probably doesn't work here. Clover: (Hm... Nah, it's probably nothing. She's probably here to see a movie after all. No reason to be paranoid about it.) HEALTH is 100.
Yeah that...sure is something that would've been rated a 6/8 by the people that liked the first one enough to play a sequel, in 2009.

free point

3 years ago
I went ahead and added a bypass to the code for those who actually want to play it. As I recall, it wasn't terrible.

free point

3 years ago
Ah, thanks. I was just sitting there looking at that link wondering where the heck it came from and if I had somehow been blind before. And that's a good approach, I'll leave your link in after I take mine out later. I definitely wouldn't call it a 6/8, but I've seen far worse in the fanfic category obviously. And for fans of the Ace Attorney series especially there's probably some appeal there.