WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Message

Got a favorite storygame? Can't beat The Wal*Mart Game? If you're here to play storygames, this is the forum for you.

Delve?

3 months ago
Who has beaten it? I've become obsessed, but I die pitifully early every time. The dwarf priest seems logically to me to be the most useful character and yet it doesn't seem to improve my survival time much. Maybe I should just stop doing this or thinking about it until after the contest...

Delve?

3 months ago
me! Just recently!

You want overpowered, eh? Go mage, and try out lightning. Then, try out chain lightning later on.

Thank me later...

Delve?

3 months ago
I may try this. I am also extremely bad at the game and always died early, but an ability for crowd control seems really useful considering how I always got my ankles gnawed off by not especially dangerous by themselves enemy groups before I could collect party members.

Delve?

3 months ago
Unfortunately, you only get chain lightning later on in the game, so the group monsters will still be a headache. I suggest just fleeing if there is even any mention of group, swarm, horde, or any plural mentions. Even if you have chain lightning, it's still good to avoid group fights since you can only have so many chains at the same time, especially if you have a familiar.

Delve?

3 months ago
Cool, I'll try it!

Delve?

3 months ago
Right, make sure to stock up on the guarenteed stun item near the end.
I think it was called "Symbol of Pain"?
Anyway, it is absolute value

Delve?

3 months ago
I recommend skipping the rust monster on the first level, as well as the last multi-opponent before the first level boss. you lose some money, but make it back up quickly.

Also, try the spear with a buckler or barbed chain. The spear is OP.

Delve?

3 months ago
Learned about the rust monsters the hard way. Came out the fight naked and half dead :P