Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Detective

3 years ago
Commended by mizal on 4/5/2021 11:20:06 AM
I was doodling some rocks on my sketchpad during a lecture and decided that they ought to be an island. I then knew what I needed to do. I made a quick map of Blacksea Island. I worked on it on and off during the lecture so my style kept changing. Hampers the finished product but I figured I would share anyway.

If you haven't played Detective yet, you really should. It's deserving of its featured slot.

Black Sea Island.jpg

Detective

3 years ago
Nice. You should do one of the second game too, that would actually help me a lot right now.

There were some issues with the writing in Blacksea that really tripped me up a few times, just excess wordiness and run on sentences and the like. I haven't seen any of that in Han Island though so it'll likely be featured too once a few more ratings trickle in.

Normally we don't do more than one game in a series, but there's a lot of empty space to fill right now and it's a good time for anybody with time to write to get to it for some easy features.

Detective

3 years ago
I certainly overlooked the flaws in prose. I was delighted with the game half and was less concerned with the story half, but I think you are right. Maybe I should go back over the game with a more critical eye. The pages were short and I was skimming for information most of the time.

It's good to know that I can count on the sequel to be as good or, likely, better.