WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Message

Got a favorite storygame? Can't beat The Wal*Mart Game? If you're here to play storygames, this is the forum for you.

Detective

10 days ago
Commended by mizal on 4/5/2021 11:20:06 AM
I was doodling some rocks on my sketchpad during a lecture and decided that they ought to be an island. I then knew what I needed to do. I made a quick map of Blacksea Island. I worked on it on and off during the lecture so my style kept changing. Hampers the finished product but I figured I would share anyway.

If you haven't played Detective yet, you really should. It's deserving of its featured slot.

Black Sea Island.jpg

Detective

10 days ago
Nice. You should do one of the second game too, that would actually help me a lot right now.

There were some issues with the writing in Blacksea that really tripped me up a few times, just excess wordiness and run on sentences and the like. I haven't seen any of that in Han Island though so it'll likely be featured too once a few more ratings trickle in.

Normally we don't do more than one game in a series, but there's a lot of empty space to fill right now and it's a good time for anybody with time to write to get to it for some easy features.

Detective

10 days ago
I certainly overlooked the flaws in prose. I was delighted with the game half and was less concerned with the story half, but I think you are right. Maybe I should go back over the game with a more critical eye. The pages were short and I was skimming for information most of the time.

It's good to know that I can count on the sequel to be as good or, likely, better.