A Day In The Life of A Slice of Bread

Player Rating3.84/8

"#364 overall, #35 for 2015"
based on 359 ratings since 05/17/2015
played 6,559 times (finished 507)

"trek through the forest"

"A well spent lunch break"

"need to be accompanied by an adult"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG.

Tags

Humor

This is an extremely serious game, I recommend going to your closest store and buying a box of tissues. Its emotional level will definitely be pulling a few heart strings. You've been warned.

(This is the first game I've made on this website, so I'd greatly appreciate that if you came across any glitches or bugs to please let me know in the comments or just PM me and I will try my best to fix them. Thanks!)

There are a couple of things to improve upon with this story:
-I'd say a storyline is important. Without a storyline, there really isn't much reason for the reader to keep being the reader, it's not like they're emotionally invested in the slice of bread.
-It needs to be longer: this feels a little rushed, like you just wanted to get a story out there, rather than putting in the fair amount of time it takes to make something well written. That being said, I think some of the humour could be good with a little polishing!
-Some of the choices weren't really indicative of what was going to happen. E.g: you can turn left and the game ends, or you can turn right and it continues. I might as well just guess if I don't know what's going to happen!

Either way, I think you could write something good with a bit more effort and a framework to start with!
-- AzBaz on 5/31/2017 4:38:14 PM
Where do I start?

This storygame had a really bad plot... i'm sorry, but playing as a slice of living bread is a lot less entertaining then it sounded.

I played three times, and the endings I got were being turned into toast, getting soggy, and the "special" ending. I feel no accomplishment when I play this game and win.

It's way too short, and the choices were completely random. Such as "grow a face." The lolrandom humor just didn't appeal to me.

There was a line in the story that said, "Luckily gives you another chance."
I'm assuming you meant something like "Luckily, life gives you another chance." Unless there was a character named Luckily you never mentioned. Keep an eye out for errors like that.

I honestly expected more from a 4/8 lengh story. It was insanely short, with about a single paragraph a page. There was about zero detail, and it felt like it was written in ten minutes.

Overall, 2/8. Keep trying.
-- MinnieKing on 1/25/2017 5:48:08 PM
-I am sorry to say that due to you being such a pussy, you have flooded an entire planet with your tears. There are no survivors. Also, you're soggy.

Your a pretty funny dude, sleepy. You should definitely make more like this, but let me explain why.

1. I found no grammar errors in my first nor second playthrough, so grammar is fine, but I may be wrong.

2. Short and sweet, at least. Not all good stories must be long (just look at SNOW), and this one seems to be the right length for this type of story- short and humorous.

3. Yeah, and it's pretty funny too. Look at the beginning of the review- I am sorry to say that due to you being such a pussy, you have flooded an entire planet with your tears. There are no survivors. Also, you're soggy. That's pretty funny, I laughed at this.

I'm wrapping this up- I gave this story a 6/8 for this not being a bad story at all. I mean, it's nowhere near as bad as a lot (and I mean a LOT) of other stories on here. So go you, sleepy.
-- RoyalGhost_007 on 5/19/2015 12:01:42 AM
This game was really fun and you are very talented for making up a game that no one has ever thought of but have wondered about
-- maria on 1/14/2018 1:31:57 AM
First of all, it was short, much shorter than I hoped it would be, which was a shame, because the humor of this short story was quite entertaining, so good job in the department!

Second of all, the pages were too short and while I know that the shortness of the pages was part of the general humor of the game, it was still slightly annoying.

Thirdly, grammar, well, there isn't much to say in regards to your grammar, it's ok, it's not stellar and that's that.

And finally, your humor, I can't explain it to myself, but despite it all, I found the game to be quite humorous, so good job in that regard.

Well, all in all, I'd say your game deserves a 4, and that's just for the humor itself!
-- Claw2k11 on 12/30/2017 9:39:18 AM
"Eat myself out of existence because I am just so sad about my loaf.
You consume your entire body and newly acquired face all in one big chomp. Unfortunately this entire break in physics somehow is able to create a black hole, eventually sucking up all of the universe. That includes your loaf. Are you happy with yourself? You were a piece of bread that was lucky enough to be given life by some unknown god, but instead of becoming famous or going on bread adventures, you cried about your loaf and then ate all of the universe.
I just want you to know that your loaf wouldn't want this."

Not the best; certainly not the worst. ;D
-- TestingJest on 12/9/2017 2:09:45 AM
...
Cool
-- Isabelle on 12/6/2017 12:06:03 AM
This game has taught me the most important thing in life...

growing a face.
-- LonelyChicken on 12/3/2017 1:23:50 PM
Hey! I'm back for more! I'm gonna add some reasons this is good.

1.The Humor

2. It's short, but pretty sweet

3. The Random Choices Make It Funny
-- YoutubeKid on 12/1/2017 12:17:07 PM
Hi, sorry that my comment was so short last time. These are the reasons ADITLOASOB (short for the name) is enjoyable.
1. This short story is pretty funny, not too much tho.
2. Becoming a person in the body of a slice of bread