A Day In The Life of A Slice of Bread

Player Rating3.80/8

"#496 overall, #55 for 2015"
based on 550 ratings since 05/17/2015
played 10,448 times (finished 716)

"trek through the forest"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"need to be accompanied by an adult"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG.

Tags

Humor

This is an extremely serious game, I recommend going to your closest store and buying a box of tissues. Its emotional level will definitely be pulling a few heart strings. You've been warned.

(This is the first game I've made on this website, so I'd greatly appreciate that if you came across any glitches or bugs to please let me know in the comments or just PM me and I will try my best to fix them. Thanks!)

There are a couple of things to improve upon with this story:
-I'd say a storyline is important. Without a storyline, there really isn't much reason for the reader to keep being the reader, it's not like they're emotionally invested in the slice of bread.
-It needs to be longer: this feels a little rushed, like you just wanted to get a story out there, rather than putting in the fair amount of time it takes to make something well written. That being said, I think some of the humour could be good with a little polishing!
-Some of the choices weren't really indicative of what was going to happen. E.g: you can turn left and the game ends, or you can turn right and it continues. I might as well just guess if I don't know what's going to happen!

Either way, I think you could write something good with a bit more effort and a framework to start with!
-- AzBaz on 5/31/2017 4:38:14 PM with a score of 0
Where do I start?

This storygame had a really bad plot... i'm sorry, but playing as a slice of living bread is a lot less entertaining then it sounded.

I played three times, and the endings I got were being turned into toast, getting soggy, and the "special" ending. I feel no accomplishment when I play this game and win.

It's way too short, and the choices were completely random. Such as "grow a face." The lolrandom humor just didn't appeal to me.

There was a line in the story that said, "Luckily gives you another chance."
I'm assuming you meant something like "Luckily, life gives you another chance." Unless there was a character named Luckily you never mentioned. Keep an eye out for errors like that.

I honestly expected more from a 4/8 lengh story. It was insanely short, with about a single paragraph a page. There was about zero detail, and it felt like it was written in ten minutes.

Overall, 2/8. Keep trying.
-- MinnieKing on 1/25/2017 5:48:08 PM with a score of 0
-I am sorry to say that due to you being such a pussy, you have flooded an entire planet with your tears. There are no survivors. Also, you're soggy.

Your a pretty funny dude, sleepy. You should definitely make more like this, but let me explain why.

1. I found no grammar errors in my first nor second playthrough, so grammar is fine, but I may be wrong.

2. Short and sweet, at least. Not all good stories must be long (just look at SNOW), and this one seems to be the right length for this type of story- short and humorous.

3. Yeah, and it's pretty funny too. Look at the beginning of the review- I am sorry to say that due to you being such a pussy, you have flooded an entire planet with your tears. There are no survivors. Also, you're soggy. That's pretty funny, I laughed at this.

I'm wrapping this up- I gave this story a 6/8 for this not being a bad story at all. I mean, it's nowhere near as bad as a lot (and I mean a LOT) of other stories on here. So go you, sleepy.
-- RoyalGhost_007 on 5/19/2015 12:01:42 AM with a score of 0
well it's cool. yup, kinda cool.
-- lopely slope on 12/5/2019 7:31:51 AM with a score of 0
This story was simply just... bland. It felt rushed, and some options did not even leave you with a choice. I enjoyed the humor, but it was not a good experience, because of how it ended so suddenly and limited your options. Also, I went back over and over again, choosing different paths while I was at the famous "Swanky Hot Dog Cart", and they still all ended the same. Very little thought was put into this.
-- SadieG on 11/29/2019 8:21:05 AM with a score of 0
BREAD
-- BREAD on 11/18/2019 11:21:35 AM with a score of 0
No shame at all, but this actually sucked. I usually like these short little random humorous stories, but this one wasn’t good enough not even close. Most short random games have something about, and a fowl problem is just absurd, the apprentice king is totally random.
But this piece of absolutely dog crap is none of those this story Isn’t even funny like what the heck? If your going to put a game in the humor section, at least make it entertaining. And let me tell you writing in ALL CAPS, and ellllllllllooooooonnnnnnnggggggaaaaatttttiiiiiiiinnnnnnggggg words do NOT I repeat NOT make it funny. This game is trash I recommend you stay far far away from it because I know some sniveling little 6th grader wrote this thinking it was the funniest thing in the world when in all honestly this story makes me want to barf my fricking guts out.
Your Immature and Stupid SO PLEASE FOR THE GOOOD OF EVERYBODY, break your computer and stop writing.
-- Davefaster on 10/24/2019 9:51:54 AM with a score of 0
I clicked this because it reminded me of I Am Bread. The toast pun was my favourite part about this. The story called it the worst pun in existence but it made me crack up. The rest was ok but the part that stood out to me was the toast pun because it was really funny and that is why I rated this a 5.
-- jodithewitch on 9/1/2019 1:31:12 AM with a score of 0
this game is the worst its not even any fun wow am i sad
-- lizzy on 8/27/2019 3:01:15 PM with a score of 0