A Day In The Life of A Slice of Bread

Player Rating3.89/8

"#360 overall, #35 for 2015"
based on 406 ratings since 05/17/2015
played 7,631 times (finished 569)

"trek through the forest"

"A well spent lunch break"

"need to be accompanied by an adult"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG.

Tags

Humor

This is an extremely serious game, I recommend going to your closest store and buying a box of tissues. Its emotional level will definitely be pulling a few heart strings. You've been warned.

(This is the first game I've made on this website, so I'd greatly appreciate that if you came across any glitches or bugs to please let me know in the comments or just PM me and I will try my best to fix them. Thanks!)

There are a couple of things to improve upon with this story:
-I'd say a storyline is important. Without a storyline, there really isn't much reason for the reader to keep being the reader, it's not like they're emotionally invested in the slice of bread.
-It needs to be longer: this feels a little rushed, like you just wanted to get a story out there, rather than putting in the fair amount of time it takes to make something well written. That being said, I think some of the humour could be good with a little polishing!
-Some of the choices weren't really indicative of what was going to happen. E.g: you can turn left and the game ends, or you can turn right and it continues. I might as well just guess if I don't know what's going to happen!

Either way, I think you could write something good with a bit more effort and a framework to start with!
-- AzBaz on 5/31/2017 4:38:14 PM
Where do I start?

This storygame had a really bad plot... i'm sorry, but playing as a slice of living bread is a lot less entertaining then it sounded.

I played three times, and the endings I got were being turned into toast, getting soggy, and the "special" ending. I feel no accomplishment when I play this game and win.

It's way too short, and the choices were completely random. Such as "grow a face." The lolrandom humor just didn't appeal to me.

There was a line in the story that said, "Luckily gives you another chance."
I'm assuming you meant something like "Luckily, life gives you another chance." Unless there was a character named Luckily you never mentioned. Keep an eye out for errors like that.

I honestly expected more from a 4/8 lengh story. It was insanely short, with about a single paragraph a page. There was about zero detail, and it felt like it was written in ten minutes.

Overall, 2/8. Keep trying.
-- MinnieKing on 1/25/2017 5:48:08 PM
-I am sorry to say that due to you being such a pussy, you have flooded an entire planet with your tears. There are no survivors. Also, you're soggy.

Your a pretty funny dude, sleepy. You should definitely make more like this, but let me explain why.

1. I found no grammar errors in my first nor second playthrough, so grammar is fine, but I may be wrong.

2. Short and sweet, at least. Not all good stories must be long (just look at SNOW), and this one seems to be the right length for this type of story- short and humorous.

3. Yeah, and it's pretty funny too. Look at the beginning of the review- I am sorry to say that due to you being such a pussy, you have flooded an entire planet with your tears. There are no survivors. Also, you're soggy. That's pretty funny, I laughed at this.

I'm wrapping this up- I gave this story a 6/8 for this not being a bad story at all. I mean, it's nowhere near as bad as a lot (and I mean a LOT) of other stories on here. So go you, sleepy.
-- RoyalGhost_007 on 5/19/2015 12:01:42 AM
I MADE A BLACK WHOLE AND SUCKED UP THE UNIVERSE MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!
-- mad gamz on 4/5/2018 1:34:06 PM
wow
-- victoria osorio on 3/11/2018 11:03:57 PM
What were you expecting? Some dragon to come swooping through the house, or maybe King James the ||| would just ride up into the kitchen on his horse to deliver you a quest something?

-- heart lover on 2/19/2018 7:12:34 PM
You get to know her better and eventually ask her to go on a date, to which she replies yes.

Bread can go on dates!?! 9/10

P.S. make the storyline longer, that will give this 10/10
-- heart lover on 2/19/2018 10:16:29 AM
You consume your entire body and newly acquired face all in one big chomp. Unfortunately this entire break in physics somehow is able to create a black hole, eventually sucking up all of the universe. That includes your loaf. Are you happy with yourself? You were a piece of bread that was lucky enough to be given life by some unknown god, but instead of becoming famous or going on bread adventures, you cried about your loaf and then ate all of the universe.

I just want you to know that your loaf wouldn't want this.

Thanks Caption Obvious!!! P.S. WTF IS THAT ENDTNG
-- mad gamer on 2/19/2018 9:04:18 AM

Also, you're soggy.

WTF dude !!!
-- super rainbow on 2/18/2018 9:52:32 PM
so amzing, except the part I get crushed by a bowling ball, other wise it was fun !!!!
-- amazing kid on 2/18/2018 9:49:53 PM