A Stack of Cats

Player Rating5.32/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 44 ratings since 08/07/2018
played 225 times (finished 18)

"wade in shark infested water"

"A well spent lunch break"

"must be at least this tall to play"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 10. If this were a movie, it would probably be between G and PG.
You are a man on a mission. The cats, they must be stacked.

A puzzling math and logic game I made just to put some of the scripting practice I've been doing to use. Have fun and please let me know if you encounter any bugs.

Should be solvable by middle schoolers, or those with same basic level of intelligence as a middle schooler.

That was… well, that was something. I like logic puzzles, so I certainly liked this one (and actually worked through the puzzles without just clicking randomly until I found the answer). I wish I could explain exactly what I did, as I got the same issue uglick did with only stacking 32 cats. It showed me retrieving 36 and it didn’t show any cats left in any of the columns, so I’m not sure what happened to the other four cats. Was it because I pulled the handle to retrieve all the cats before I started doing any stacking? I don’t know.

It was fun, and silly in a demented sort of way, mostly. Actually, I’m thinking the author might need to see a shrink if these are the kind of ideas that are wandering about in that head of yours. But it was still fun and appeared to have some nice puzzles with the scripting that appeared to work well with different options (though I’m still not sure about that 32/36 calculation there). I could ask why I am forced to be a man in this story, but that, perhaps, is a question for another site.

I did get the best ending, but I’m not sure it was actually all that good. (Spoilers ahead, oh no!) After all, if Snowblob is that large, can you imagine what it’s going to be like to clean that litter box? I can, and I’m not pleased. Keep up the nice work!
-- Ogre11 on 5/30/2018 3:09:05 PM with a score of 34
Well, that was... something.

The puzzles rarely got tedious. I was a bit confused on the wire puzzle, but what really gave me trouble was the catnip oil quarts. I really, really hate math, so...

Anyways, the riddles were simple enough. I think I aced them all in one single go asides from the green eyed one, so I can see what you mean by the game being solvable by middle schoolers.

The cat stacking was ridiculously fun. I got up to 35, with a single black cat remaining I wasn't able to stack. I think I only made a single mistake on the stacking, which I wish I had noticed earlier so I could've gotten up to 36, but oh well. The doggo puzzle was by far the easiest, I think I did 4 +11s, 3 +7s, and 3 +2s. Did it in literal seconds.

Anyways, great game. Not a huge fan of "omg random," but the detailed writing and brainteasers made me overlook it and I actually found myself enjoying the game. 8/8.
-- henshaw_13 on 5/27/2018 7:21:47 PM with a score of 35
I'd feline if I said I got the best ending first try. But who am I kitten? It almost ended in cat-astrophe. I'm only so-so with logic puzzles, so the eyes part seemed impawsible at first. I loved the twist of the best ending, it made purrfect sense, as any cat lover would agree. This was a meowsterful production. Easily on par with the great works of Ameowdeus.

Extra props for assigning relevant tags.
-- OriginalClamurai on 11/12/2018 10:02:03 AM with a score of 36
entertaing :)
-- michael on 9/19/2018 6:20:56 PM with a score of 35
Who doesn’t want to stack cats
-- Jaysonmyfeet on 9/19/2018 12:02:43 PM with a score of 35
Wow. I even hate logic puzzles but I guess I felt the need to see what a stack of cats looked like.
The best comments here both agree that this is indeed "... something", and I reckon that if you managed to make us play little frustrating puzzles with a side of vexing cats, a laser pointer is in order.

Just two minor bugs:
1) the mysterious Hector infiltrating among the various Houdini, Mittens etc. and
2) the stack ending with 34 cats and 0 left when I had retrieved 36 of them.
But maybe these really were planned details that I am too lazy to understand.

Anyways, kudos on getting a comment out of me, keep fighting the good fight or whatever!

And I really appreciate the "Socially Important" tag.
-- undr on 9/16/2018 5:22:29 PM with a score of 34
It is very good but I didn't understand the third question to prove that Ibwas worthy. I like how Edgar had the flu! That was a good game!
-- Datclaw on 9/12/2018 10:36:23 PM with a score of 28
Hector? Who is Hector? This was in the chapter that contains the last of the three riddles.
-- BristoeJeremiah on 9/8/2018 7:08:01 PM with a score of 0
Good choices of puzzles. Not too hard, but also not too simple either. Writing was clear and entertaining. Only puzzle I might change is the last one - it's lacking something in comparison to the other puzzles. I agree with another comment out there suggesting our own health pool or something so that we don't just press +2 30 times.
-- asdfgh on 7/15/2018 3:44:57 PM with a score of 36
Great puzzles, but there is an issue with the wire one. Since it says that Yellow must be DIRECTLY above Blue, but only that Blue must be above Red (doesn't say directly), it's only logical to assume that blue just has to be in any spot above red. However, this leads to two different solutions, where each one is just the other one, except violet and red are swapped. However, only the one with Red DIRECTLY below Blue works. So you might want to make it more clear so that people don't mess up like that.
-- Just a Guy on 6/26/2018 4:21:31 PM with a score of 36