A Stack of Cats

Player Rating5.87/8

"#152 overall, #13 for 2018"
based on 93 ratings since 08/07/2018
played 847 times (finished 81)

"wade in shark infested water"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"must be at least this tall to play"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 10. If this were a movie, it would probably be between G and PG.
You are a man on a mission. The cats, they must be stacked.

A puzzling math and logic game I made just to put some of the scripting practice I've been doing to use. Have fun and please let me know if you encounter any bugs.

Should be solvable by middle schoolers, or those with same basic level of intelligence as a middle schooler.

Meowliciously absurd and purrfectly logical.

While the dressing is cats and a strange maniacal cat god, this game has a handful of logic puzzles at its core. Some are fairly straight forward and can be put into a grid, but others require thinking outside the litter box. A couple are classic 'math' type logic problems, where you must figure out how to achieve a specific number. The wire and fuel puzzles were my favorite because they are classic puzzle adventure type problems to have, but the stacking cats was certainly the most inventive.

There are three major segments: building the device, stacking the cats, and fighting a supernatural dog creature. There is a save option before the cat game, which is useful as the first time through the game timed out and crashed on me. The assortment of cats you get varies, which can change the best strategy used to stack them.

The only minor thing that threw me off was in the wire puzzle, where it says everything is laid out in a "row." "Column" would have been more accurate.
-- Camelon on 10/23/2019 2:58:22 PM with a score of 36
A pawsome story by undercase m mizal! Unlike other games that I have experienced before in the "puzzle" genre on this site, this one stands heads and tails, claws, and fur above the rest. I mean, it has cats! There's so many cats and even one that has a intermediate and budding love for felines such as myself, well I felt that love grow.

Unlike some other games I played, trying to simply use the back button and brute force a solution essentially was something that was not possible with this game that mizal created. Some degree of knowledge in math, riddles, and general logic was a required necessity. Something like that was a gentle breeze and akin to a welcome breath of fresh air, as it made reaching the end after some trial and error that more exhilarating!

Meow-velous. This game is simply just that. It has humor, charm, it tests your brain to see if it is working in your noggin, and it is also so well made. I don't believe there ia any reason to not give this game a try and make an effort in reaching the conclusion, or simply failing at doing so. There's a degree of enjoyment in both, really.

Cats have been stacked, and my enjoyment had.
-- TharaApples on 6/16/2019 11:49:39 PM with a score of 34
That was… well, that was something. I like logic puzzles, so I certainly liked this one (and actually worked through the puzzles without just clicking randomly until I found the answer). I wish I could explain exactly what I did, as I got the same issue uglick did with only stacking 32 cats. It showed me retrieving 36 and it didn’t show any cats left in any of the columns, so I’m not sure what happened to the other four cats. Was it because I pulled the handle to retrieve all the cats before I started doing any stacking? I don’t know.

It was fun, and silly in a demented sort of way, mostly. Actually, I’m thinking the author might need to see a shrink if these are the kind of ideas that are wandering about in that head of yours. But it was still fun and appeared to have some nice puzzles with the scripting that appeared to work well with different options (though I’m still not sure about that 32/36 calculation there). I could ask why I am forced to be a man in this story, but that, perhaps, is a question for another site.

I did get the best ending, but I’m not sure it was actually all that good. (Spoilers ahead, oh no!) After all, if Snowblob is that large, can you imagine what it’s going to be like to clean that litter box? I can, and I’m not pleased. Keep up the nice work!
-- Ogre11 on 5/30/2018 3:09:05 PM with a score of 34
Hey! I am the one who commented first to star that friendly conversation and this is what you do?!?!? why.
-- KyleRuleZ_11 on 7/30/2020 10:44:21 PM with a score of 6
VEry Hard. But I memorized it. I reported You to The Devs. Good luck!
-- KyleRuleZ_11 on 7/30/2020 10:33:26 PM with a score of 32
Pretty good story.
-- alpha_2 on 7/12/2020 8:48:14 PM with a score of 34
Good Stuff. Pretty Easy, except for the cat stacking.
-- Akary on 5/15/2020 12:17:00 PM with a score of 30
Hilarious. Awesome. But based off of a true story? That honestly doesn’t make sense. My opinion only, and I respect your opinion.
-- ArtsyGirl38 on 12/17/2019 10:35:39 AM with a score of 0
I liked the game, although I did notice a couple bugs. For example, it seems that YBVROG and YBRVOG are both valid solutions to the first puzzle (we are never told blue has to be directly above red). Also, I managed to stack all 36 cats in the second-last puzzle - it said there were none left over - but for some reason the screen read that I'd only stacked 34.

I particularly liked the puzzle with the green-eyed cats; it took me a few tries to get that one correct, and it was well-thought out. Good job overall. 6/8.
-- Reader82 on 11/29/2019 4:59:31 PM with a score of 34
Plot: Unexpected storyline. The cuteness level practically overwhelms me. Really adorable and unusual.
Difficulty: The kitties riddles especially frustrates me though. I had to cross reference the answer and clues more than a few times to get what the riddle wants. Most puzzling is the second kitties riddle, where we are asked which of the 3 kitties (Cupcake, Mittens and Houdini) are sleeping, licking themselves or fighting the dog. During one instant, Cupcake's name was randomly changed to Hector, but I supposed that's just a typo. Might help readers understand the riddle better if you change the format of the clues to 'When Cupcake..., Houdini does...'. I initially thought one of the 5 clues is flase and I have to find out. After some pulling of hair and killing of brain celss did I realise that all 5 statements are true, and I have to find the situation whereby all 5 clues fit. That's why I suggest changing 'If' to 'When', and stating the rules of the riddle more clearly.
Length: It took me longer than I thought to complete the game. The plot and game description deluded me into thinking it will be a short game, but I took hours to complete it, mainly because of the kitties riddle and the stacking. Not a bad thing though, stacking the cats was rather therapeutic. Would be suitable for readers who just want to clear their heads of mundane everyday problems.
Overall: The writing was supercute. The set of three kitties riddles needed more explanation . This story will be stuck in my head for a long time to come.
-- ElfZone on 11/24/2019 1:54:41 PM with a score of 31