Alone in the Forest

Player Rating3.57/8

"#410 overall, #43 for 2015"
based on 105 ratings since 02/22/2015
played 824 times (finished 124)

"walk in the park"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"appropriate for all ages"
Stories with this maturity level will not, by design, have any potentially objectionable content. An example of a type story with this rating would be a quiz on mathematics.

A poor mouse is all alone. He is very lonely and wants only for someone to play with him. Will you help him find some friends?

I would also like to thank jamescoker1226 for looking over this and helping me out. Also, if you can, leave a comment below of, well, just what you would like to see. Like, if there is a certain mistake I should fix or what kind of stories you want. Let me know below what you think.

As soon as I read the first page I thought I wouldn't enjoy this. The wording of it just felt strange and choppy, and the plot was introduced rather sloppily.

However, as I started reading, I began to enjoy myself. I'll admit that the writing didn't hit me as an 8/8 masterpiece, but this had a certain charm to it that kept me entertained :)

I liked the animal perspective thing, especially as being a mouse. It really gives an interesting point of view because of many things about mice, such as being small.

I feel like you tried to add emotion (such as feeling lonely), but despite that, it wasn't fleshed out very well. Detail and character development are like the cupcake, and the emotion is the frosting. You can't exactly expect readers to feel emotion for a character they know hardly anything about other then their species.

There wasn't a lot of branching, but there was a little I suppose.

Overall, enjoyable in my opinion but needs some work :D

3/8.
-- MinnieKing on 3/21/2017 12:04:23 AM
I guess this is an alright kids' game, but not much so interactive fiction. You have shown you can write fairly decently and understand that interactive fiction requires choices, but specifically the choices need to be fleshed out moreso. The game needs to be less linear and open to more branches with varying plotlines. For example, only the 'retire as a hermit' and the snake paths were varied in the slightest bit. This needs to be less linear and the story should be worked upon.

I also feel like the world we are in needs to be expanded upon. Where are we exactly -- a forest? A jungle? But then why/where are the/re elephants? And there's only so limited places where monkeys can live in the wild. Point is, you need to be more descriptive in the scenery and setting departments. This isn't a bad game, just needs more work.
-- FazzTheMan on 7/5/2015 1:30:07 AM
This was a really fun story. When I saw the length, I thought it was going to be the usual couple of lines of facts and a couple choices, mostly leading to end games. However, that was clearly not the case with this story! While there might have been more details and descriptions in many places, this still was a very nice and complete story. There are plenty of options and directions that you can go, so you can play over and over again without getting the same options or endings (though yes, some paths are shorter than others). This is amazing for a story of this length (other authors, take note).

I found a number of different endings, and they were all quite interesting and fun. The writing is good and I quite enjoyed this story. I would love to read more from this author, especially if they were able to continue along in this vein with a bit of a longer story. Thank you for sharing the story with the site!
-- Ogre11 on 8/1/2018 3:31:04 PM
Nicely done!
-- Dark souls fan on 4/22/2018 7:31:39 AM
:) This is sweet. I like the ending where you rescue the mouse friend. I would love it if you could make more stories with a mouse hero. That is so adorable.
-- HowdyHiHello on 4/21/2018 5:22:37 PM
I chose to be friends with the snake. Such an unexpected ending that I didn't see coming. O-o
-- Isabel on 4/20/2018 7:49:56 PM
It's nice. I wish it was longer. Also I think it would be nice if Snow could of made more friends.
-- Faervel on 4/19/2018 10:34:11 PM
it was just kind of, well, short and boring...
-- veronica on 4/18/2018 10:03:41 AM
Ah finding a friend mouse at a snake den, so what did we learn about snakes today? They really like mice! ;D
-- TestingJest on 12/11/2017 11:38:32 PM
it was SO CUTE!!! i tried to save a female mouse from a snake in hopes of friendship and it worked! YAY!
-- thebigE on 7/2/2016 2:45:06 PM