Choose Your Own Madness

Player Rating5.07/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 60 ratings since 11/30/2015
played 1,420 times (finished 74)

"run through the jungle"

"It keeps going and going"

"aren't you a little too old to be trick or treating"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG-13.

Tags

Horror

In a slightly steampunk, Cthulhu-esque setting. You're an apprentice wizard and you find out your sister has been kidnapped. You need to rescue her from the evil cultists!

A very intense story :)

The writing in this was superb and it did well in painting an elaborate tale, with little to no flaws in it's narrative. There were plenty of choices available in this, and each choice felt as if it had great impact to the story that was being told. So it really made me pick and choose each choice wisely, as there was consequences to not thinking things through.

Honestly, there's so much here that the author gets right. The atmosphere to be specific, as it felt quite ominous and spooky by a great deal, making this genuinely creepy in some aspects. Such things made this a treat to read to say the least.

Kudos for making a very well-written storygame, one that has powerful writing and descriptions, many choices, and some genuinely tense moments. Exploring every available choice was well worth it in the end, as this was a very solid adventure when all is said and done.

I wouldn't mind seeing more writing from this writer, or even a sequel, because this was very good.
-- TharaApples on 3/21/2017 5:55:35 AM
Never figured out how to beat it :(
-- CeruleanFlare on 12/17/2016 5:21:17 PM
Burned with my mentor, paralyzed and taken by the eye in the book. More wonderful ways to fail.
-- Deadly Lion on 4/20/2016 5:23:53 PM
I was burned with my parents, suffocated with an snooker cue and my soul was taken by Langdown Hall. Wonderful. Simply wonderful.
-- Deadly Lion on 4/20/2016 11:43:56 AM
Awesome game. The writing is good, and there's a lot of it - great job! Two things though: when exploring the ground floor, the front door is described to close several times, in more paths - when we enter the house, when we go back into the main room...
Also I think you missed a choice to go back to the hall after going to the back corridor.

But really, I loved this and hope you write some more :)
-- Nona on 12/5/2015 4:48:06 PM
I did NaNoWriMo last year as an assignment for my GT (Gifted and Talented) class! I wanted to do it again this year, but my account isn't working. It looks like a very well-written story that you put a lot of thought into. :3
-- imagine13 on 12/5/2015 4:34:47 PM
Thanks for the great feedback everyone :) I wrote this for NaNoWriMo 2015. Hope you all enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed writing it!
-- pinkbatgirl on 12/5/2015 9:30:45 AM
Wow, a labyrinth of choices. This must've took a lot of effort and dedication to write. Well done!
-- SonicTurboTurtle on 11/30/2015 10:14:15 PM
Wow.
I think you must have done a lot of copy and pasting from Word to get a story this long and good posted in one day :D It's an excellent read, interesting and with a good pace and the choices actually meant something which is always good, 7/8 :)
-- Will11 on 11/30/2015 7:52:36 PM
Hmmm...... I don't believe there is a good ending :) But cracking story.
-- Jo Carter on 11/30/2015 3:31:38 PM