It Was a Dark and Creepy Night

Player Rating3.21/8

"#765 overall, #35 for 2007"
based on 198 ratings since 11/30/2007
played 2,018 times (finished 219)

"run through the jungle"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"anything goes"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 18. If this were a movie, it would probably be R.

Tags

Humor

A dark and creepy night is like a dark and stormy night, only creepier and without the storms.

Blame Snafuu for this.

Violent content. I mean it.

Well, it had good details, nice and gruesome, but each link was practically just a 50/50 chance of dying. Next time, don't call me dumb, a fool, or an idiot for clicking on a link. I can't read your mind - half the time, the truly smart and logical choice still killed me. Before you go and just make every link leading to your death, try to take the time to just make a more complete story with more pages after each link before you die.
I died twice on the first page. How fun is that?
-- X8-Bliss on 6/2/2008 3:51:30 PM with a score of 0
I managed to only die once. It was a fun puzzle game though there wasn't much story. You were given no context and there wasn't a reason for there to be dragons or for a lamppost to kill you. I still had fun though.
-- bilbo on 12/22/2019 8:23:29 PM with a score of 0
Got to the end. The square root thingy was way different from the Internet answer that I received. Still too short.
-- Quorrah on 7/14/2019 11:45:30 AM with a score of 0
WAAAYAYYY too short!
-- Quorrah on 7/14/2019 11:36:59 AM with a score of 0
There was no logic to the choices. I was just guess and hope.
-- BillyTheBasilisk on 3/25/2019 2:16:54 PM with a score of 0
holy crap that was a delicious game
-- itsyeboi980 on 6/7/2017 9:21:52 PM with a score of 0
This was quite the unpredictable storygame. You can die on the first page - twice, in fact - and it seemed less about horror and more about some kind of black comedy. It's also not the best idea to insult the player when you lead them into a death ending.

I liked that you never really knew what would come next. It actually made me feel more cautious about what my next decision would be. Unfortunately, this didn't last long. Some readers may not even get past the first "puzzle" which requires you to check on the hobo first.
-- Saika on 3/10/2017 7:59:45 PM with a score of 0
At first I thought I would enjoy this game. The pages while rather short, did set up a rather creepy setting, as I continued I was a bit eager to see what would happen...then a f'ing dragon randomly shows up in the story and wants me to solve a "riddle". The reason why I put riddle in quotes is because apparently this dragon can't tell the difference between a riddle and a f'ing math problem. So now I'm taken out of the horror setting to do math...fun. The story abruptly ends after solving the problem and which might actually be good thing, god only knows what random nonsense would appear if the story was any longer. Other then that there are no branching paths, only chose right or die options, with little to no indication of what the right choice could possibly be. Unless you really want a free point or are trying to get the top rated trophy, you would do best to avoid.
-- Agstand on 2/27/2017 12:54:11 PM with a score of 0
Took a few tries but I finally did it. It was actually pretty good and I think it was pretty descriptive but it could've been a little longer.
-- hblovecraft on 1/8/2017 7:31:24 PM with a score of 0
Awesome Story You Should Check My Demo.
-- 101gamewiz on 7/1/2016 7:55:20 PM with a score of 0