Out of the Dark

Player Rating4.70/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 31 ratings since 10/30/2016
played 387 times (finished 40)

"wandering through the desert"

"A well spent lunch break"

"aren't you a little too old to be trick or treating"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG-13.

All life shall know death as death seeks to know all life.

This game has three endings.

This is an awesome read. Dark and foreboding, some of the text is syntactically wrong though that may have been deliberate. Either way, I reached two of the endings, not counting the ones were you die. And then the question of "What are you?" on one of those endings comes to mind. Again, awesome read. Excellent job.
-- drackeye on 11/2/2016 10:06:30 PM with a score of 0
Not sure if I got the any of the three endings mentioned I believe I tried every path but all the endings even the death ones were ambiguous and/or foreboding. I like the eerie, surreal atmosphere you've created. I little more detail may help with getting the reader more connected to the protagonist and to fear what he is running from. I only noticed a few spelling and grammar errors. I liked the story but with a little refining I think I'd love it.
-- BigRonn77 on 11/1/2016 2:11:41 PM with a score of 0
Quite the interesting game. A few notes-

Strengths: you've set an intriguing, surreal atmosphere with the writing - I notice a lot of unusual uses of words that I have to think about if they make sense or not, just like the things that happen in the story - so it's an unusual, intriguing theme that runs through the story. And the horror aspect does play in powerfully - we are left with unsteady footing since none of this may be real.

Weaknesses: we don't know our characters, and we don't know our plot. Tie the reader to your protagonist somehow, make us fear for them. When you open in a surreal dream-world, we don't know what is at stake. Is the protagonist just scared out of their wits and trying to stay alive, or has the protagonist done something terrible that they are afraid will be uncovered? Also: the writing has potential, but the sentences need to be leaner, more powerful. Read every sentence and makes sure that no extra words are there "just because," that the structure is clear and makes sense.

Great work, and lovely horror story.
-- SoSaidL on 10/30/2016 3:54:36 PM with a score of 0
Didn't like it. Grammatical errors make sections hard to understand. Confusing storyline. Not sure why or what I won in the story.
-- Quorrah on 12/20/2016 5:44:25 PM with a score of 0
First playthrough and I ended with 'My name is Omen'. Good story I really enjoyed it, and I'm gonna try again.
-- BadWolf42 on 11/13/2016 9:52:37 AM with a score of 0
A good story especially being your first one you did very well. I look forward to seeing your work.
-- benholman44 on 11/3/2016 10:59:14 AM with a score of 0