The Bus of Doom

Player Rating2.81/8

"#918 overall, #41 for 2007"
based on 244 ratings since 08/19/2007
played 1,202 times (finished 245)

"march in the swamp"

"Make sure not to blink"

"aren't you a little too old to be trick or treating"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG-13.

Tags

Humor

You're on a bus. Get to the last stop ALIVE! You must survive the attacks of mayonnaise sandwiches, hijacking squirrels, and bottle cap-wielding maniacs!

So let me just recap- you, the Only Sane Man, boards a bus and everything is trying to kill you. It would be good, if most links wasn't a death link!

This method of writing is extremely cheap in the world of CYOA, with nothing to tell you what's going to happen, you are just lending yourself at the mercy of the author. How were you supposed to know that the fat bastard was getting a sandwich? The game that the psycho try to play is stabbing you? The squirrel having a shotgun? You are allergic to mayo? HOW DOES EATING MAYO MAKES YOU EXPLODE?!

This type of game can be better if it was a Flash game, take Puffballs United games for example, it has the same method of insta-death links like this one, having animations that makes it actually worthwhile to watch and replay, in fact, these types of games are the most highly rated in Newgrounds, the idea won't be so good if it was made into text. What this adventure tries to achieve.

It is hard to improve on a CYOA that tries to imitate a actual game. My only recommendation would be just leave it here and work on another story that tones down the amount of death links, improving the length and quality of the game overall, while making it less linear.

4/10
-- ViktorVektov on 7/5/2016 6:41:16 AM with a score of 0
Wow. This was bad. This'll prolly hurt me more than it'll hurt you, but this was a pretty crappy game, even for first games. This was the epitome of linear story tree. I literally alternated from selecting the two choices. And with only a total of 6 stops, this was pretty bad. The story was too random to enjoy. Like, I know it was supposed to be random, but believe me, this is crap.
Sorry, dude. 2/8; This would be a 1/8, but I always rate games with a 2 or higher if their a first game.
-- Anubis on 8/21/2007 10:41:20 PM with a score of 0
I'm giving it a 4/8. Cause I had a fun random time with it, it was pretty easy however, I didn't die once, I kid you not. The choices were for the most part logical and for me in the end it payed off. Maybe you should make like a sequel, but make different "stops" you can get off at, to continue the story, doesn't have to have multiple endings, just different paths to give it replay value. ;)
-- Leon101 on 8/20/2007 1:46:40 AM with a score of 0
It was pretty terrible... But actually slightly less terrible than I expected. I think this game goes towards the higher end of the "Lol, totes so RANDOM!" genre because, hey, at least nobody farted. And I guess I can't really complain about spelling and grammar either, so congratulations on making a game that's ever so slightly higher than deletion worthy.

Still, I can only rate a game so high, when it's pretty much just six pages of "Guess which choice doesn't make you die!" ... 4/8
-- Avery_Moore on 5/11/2019 6:07:02 AM with a score of 0
O.o This is weird. It was fun, but.. HOLY MOLL.
-- MrWoofers on 4/15/2019 6:46:44 PM with a score of 0
Way too short
-- Tactictoe87 on 12/12/2017 4:04:04 PM with a score of 0
Lol brilliant
-- Sam2 on 3/14/2017 6:16:04 AM with a score of 0
Was too short. 4/8
-- venyanwarrior on 1/4/2017 5:36:18 PM with a score of 0
Eh... It's funny i guess, but it's really easy. Try to add more length next time.
-- ??? on 7/26/2016 2:20:03 AM with a score of 0