Player Comments on The Case of the Mondays

Jesus christ! This was a convoluted mess. I needed a walkthrough to do this, and even then it was ridiculously difficult. I admire anyone who managed to complete this without a walkthrough. Holy crap.

If you use your phone in the wrong place, you get the wrong password and get killed by your phone (somehow?). Using your wallet will ALWAYS teleport you back to the games room no matter where you are. It's like, everytime you got stuck, just use your wallet and you'll be rushed back to this mini casino.

At one point I got stuck in a loop because I re-entered the hotel too early. You needed earlier End Game links, too - don't force absolutely everyone to go through all that. Allow people to end the game early if they meet an early death, rather than being forced to go through all this stuff again and again.

It doesn't make it fun. Challenging, maybe, but there were so many loops, dead ends, and flat-out frustrating segments of this storygame that it wasn't very entertaining in that aspect.

There's a gunman attacking me. I can go to the front door or the back door. If I go to the back door, I get shot. No, apparently I'm supposed to go to the front door just so that the game can tell me to go to the back door. It makes no sense.

I have a keycard to use in the hotel, but I can only use it on a specific floor and the game says nothing about any locked rooms. Items are easily missed. There's a maze in the sewers, too, and it's just as frustrating as the rest of the game.

This really needs fixing. I can beat up the mugger multiple times and get extra money from him every time, by exploiting that bug with the wallet. (Maybe you should keep that glitch in the game, actually, it makes it slightly easier to get through.) I have a Glock but I can only shoot one person with it.

Again, please put some kind of earlier End Game link because readers need a lot of patience to get through something like this.
-- Saika on 8/1/2017 5:36:01 AM with a score of 2
Whew. That was exhausting. And no, not to read, to play. You do have a nice idea here and a good setup. However, there are many logical errors. You can use the wallet anywhere and be teleported to the blackjack room. Your phone can ring when you have lost your phone. There are many dead-ends that can appear if you don't have the right item in hand.

I do appreciate the story and the idea that you have here, but the executing is lacking. When testing, you should make sure that there are never and dead-ends that are dependent on items or the story becomes nothing but a non-stop frustration. I imagine that you are also not getting all that many reviews simply because people cannot find the end!
-- Ogre11 on 5/24/2016 1:46:56 PM with a score of 2
It's obvious that you put a lot of work into this, but after a couple days of frustration - I ended up just clicking random links and using every item on every page in order to find "hidden pages" that weren't eluded to in the page text. I'd imagine that most readers won't have the patience and will likely quit long before they stumble upon the "End Game" link.

There is a nice story here, but it could've used more development. I didn't really understand what was happening until the final page, because the main body of the game was just short basic description and links that made me feel like I was just running around randomly and encountering all the surprise sudden death pages that had no warning.

If you rework it, let me know. I'd be happy to replay it and give it a higher rating, but as it is - I can't see it getting more than a 3/8.
-- TheNewIAP on 5/23/2016 9:40:03 PM with a score of 2
I finally won, but I didn't enjoy playing. The plot was boring and the choices kept giving me loopholes.
-- Dizastorm on 2/12/2018 6:36:56 PM with a score of 2
Had to use the walkthrough because apparently my cell phone isn't good enough to take pictures with.
-- BigRonn77 on 11/29/2016 2:28:30 PM with a score of 2
That was very, very annoying for me xD
Things were confusing, and there were many loopholes and broken moments.
I think this game at least deserves a walkthrough xD
-- Seto on 8/31/2016 2:07:08 PM with a score of 2
4/8

I like challenge, but this is just too frustrating and doesn't have much hints. If you can be more detailed, it'll be more enjoyable. The storyline is meh with boring plots.

Why the hell I need to by a Glock? I already have a Beretta, so I should be able to buy bullets instead. Or... are the Beretta's magazines are out of stock? Lol.
-- Raven47 on 5/24/2016 2:13:39 AM with a score of 2
Hooray! I was able to finish the game. Sometimes you really have to disobey some instructions from the one giving you the clue. Haha.

But anyway, I hope you'll have to work on some parts since you get stuck in the hotel room and has no option to go out outside the hotel, the moment you do not have that thing for taking evidence shots (I'm just being careful not to spoil anything. Haha.) You'll be stuck in the room looking at the things on the crate. :D
-- SimplyKatie on 5/24/2016 1:42:47 AM with a score of 2