The Tower of Rowena

a Mystery / Puzzle by DavidG

Commended by mizal on 7/10/2018 7:48:48 AM

Player Rating6.09/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 57 ratings since 12/15/2017
played 557 times (finished 74)

"march in the swamp"

"It'll be a while, better grab a Snickers®"

"need to be accompanied by an adult"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG.

A humorous adventure. You play as yourself, an adventurer... well, let's be honest, you're a thief. You've heard a witch named Rowena has gathered treasures which are scattered throughout the tower she calls home.

You are free to backtrack as much as you like within the tower and the immediate area. Indeed, backtracking will be necessary to find all the treasures. You are free to return to the beginning and leave whenever you wish. The more treasures you find, the more you'll impress us, so of course you'll want to find all 17.

Certain risky decisions will result in your demise. You'll always be given a warning that you are doing something risky, so that you may change your mind. However, certain risky decisions have beneficial results. It's up to you whether to proceed or not.

Good luck with the treasure hunting!

Loved the humor in this one. Clever, especially with the computer. Had me stumped for awhile
-- L on 6/27/2018 3:18:54 PM with a score of 0
:) This is awesome, I found all the treasures! At first I was reluctant to try this game because the main character was a thief, but thankfully I did! The narrator kept me smiling throughout the adventure, and the puzzles were well thought out to roll smoothly with the humor. This is a thoroughly enjoyable treasure hunt with great attention to detail.

What follows are three hints, if you don’t want any hints then stop reading now:
Thank you for recommending this game, Faervel (without giving away too much: something you can find in the old coal cellar will help you with the looking glass, to find the dragon bone jewelry box). [also, for who was looking for the golden ball: you are going to have to do something dangerous to get it, probably skills were needed but I’m not 100% sure] [to get the meteorite sword, you will need something wood that you have used before]
-- HowdyHiHello on 6/5/2018 7:24:50 AM with a score of 0
It's a good game...
-- Jeff on 6/2/2018 10:48:02 PM with a score of 0
Brilliant story; each small element of detail mentioned by the narrator is a clue to get the next treasure, prompting a lot of backtracking.
-- Linkstriker on 5/18/2018 2:05:32 PM with a score of 0
Although there is great description and detail, I would like a bit more out of the pages, other than a few sentences and then right to the choices. Other than that, this was a great game!
-- MysticalLixard on 3/17/2018 4:21:46 PM with a score of 0
I never did find the dragon bone jewelry box. Awesome game
-- Mama on 2/28/2018 7:33:55 PM with a score of 0
8/8
Wow, it was soooo nice!!
I found 17/17 treasures and I think I am a true adventurer(or at least an assistant;) )I liked how useful many things can be(the log,the computer etc)
-- Persuasion on 2/16/2018 7:39:52 AM with a score of 0
I liked the general concept of it.It is very attractive and keeps your attention trough the whole story.I think the author writes naturally and effortless.I like its humor and its ideas.

Nice work has been done with all the items and links.As for me,I found all 17 treasures and I really liked that with the rooftop.
I think it's flawless and if there is one problem that is that I want a part II with another tower.Why not Salazar Slytherins'??;)
-- RobotNola2000 on 1/27/2018 9:12:02 AM with a score of 0
I love the witty humor of this story and that a single item (the log) can be used for so many things. Unfortunately, I only found 15 of the items and never figured out the frog prince and rooftop. The difficulty rating should probably be a bit higher since, unlike other games, you can’t just click random links until you win. However, there is a nice mix of difficulty for each treasure, with most being really obvious, several being a bit tricky, and just a few really obscure ones.
-- Victim on 1/15/2018 10:17:13 PM with a score of 0
Well, anyone be kind enough to tell me how to find the last treasure I missed? Thanks in advance!
Found: