The Tower of Rowena

a Mystery / Puzzle by DavidG

Commended by mizal on 7/10/2018 7:48:48 AM

Player Rating6.22/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 99 ratings since 12/15/2017
played 1,030 times (finished 141)

"march in the swamp"

"It'll be a while, better grab a SnickersĀ®"

"need to be accompanied by an adult"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG.

A humorous adventure. You play as yourself, an adventurer... well, let's be honest, you're a thief. You've heard a witch named Rowena has gathered treasures which are scattered throughout the tower she calls home.

You are free to backtrack as much as you like within the tower and the immediate area. Indeed, backtracking will be necessary to find all the treasures. You are free to return to the beginning and leave whenever you wish. The more treasures you find, the more you'll impress us, so of course you'll want to find all 17.

Certain risky decisions will result in your demise. You'll always be given a warning that you are doing something risky, so that you may change your mind. However, certain risky decisions have beneficial results. It's up to you whether to proceed or not.

Good luck with the treasure hunting!

loved it! had to look in previous comments to find the last treasure but this game was exactly what i was in the mood for! simple text, the perfect amount of humor, and a little bit challenging but not frustratingly so :)
knew there was something suspicious about the black cat in the beginning, esp. cause we couldn't interact with it all at that time lol
-- lilyluna on 3/19/2019 12:28:48 AM with a score of 0
I enjoyed the cheeky humor, and collecting things is always a fun time
-- amoralmushroom on 3/14/2019 8:38:49 PM with a score of 0
Nice.
-- BgirlStories on 3/11/2019 3:08:26 PM with a score of 0
I loved the story and didn't find any spelling mistakes. I got all of the treasures too! This was a very well done story and I hope it gets featured.
-- Unkindcrab on 3/9/2019 11:11:55 AM with a score of 0
5/8 I would rate it higher but it was a pain in the neck to gather all the treasures.

-Treasures-
207 Year-Old Bottle of Burgundy
Antique Oil Lamp
Bar of Pure Roentgenium
Box of Imported Chocolates
Clockwork Orange
Dragonbone Jewelry Box
First Edition of Pride and Prejudice Autographed by Jane A.
Golden Ball
Golden Egg
Meteorite Sword
Mithril Handcuffs
Platinum Credit Card
Ruby Ring
Sapphire Earrings
Silk Shirt
Silver Goblet
Vial of Unicorn Tears
-- Multiverse on 2/24/2019 1:24:39 AM with a score of 0
This is my favorite game on this site. I finally figured out how to get the dragon bone necklace. I hope you make more games like this.
-- Faervel on 2/11/2019 11:51:24 AM with a score of 0
This game is nice and challenging. The only thing I'd take out is the guess-and-check factor of the windows. I'd maybe have some way to change the prince from a frog, and maybe have in Rowena's diary that she hates it when people lie to her? Either way, I love the puns and sarcasm of the narrator and the way the main character talks to the narrator. It's funny with just the right amount of difficulty. I died twice and retried, but I eventually found all 13. I like how most of them are pretty easy to find, but some are counter-intuitive, like the Golden Ball and the Bar of Roentgenium. Great game!
-- Tera on 2/9/2019 7:51:11 PM with a score of 0
I really enjoyed your adventure. I hope you do more like this.
-- Jess on 2/9/2019 1:40:11 PM with a score of 0
I spent about 30 minutes looking for the earrings. I got to admit the windows got me.
-- Austinc on 1/17/2019 1:52:44 PM with a score of 0
I really liked this story! It had good grammar (which is a plus for me) throughout and an interesting plot with no random death links (it gave you fair warning) The only thing I think the author should work on is their descriptions, which were fine but a bit sparse.
-- Cupcakitty__13 on 12/26/2018 7:38:17 AM with a score of 0