Trapped Inside the Tower of Hanoi

Player Rating4.87/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 56 ratings since 01/27/2017
played 275 times (finished 14)

"mosie through a minefield"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"need to be accompanied by an adult"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG.

Tags

Puzzle

You wake up to find yourself trap inside a tower, with a man threatening to fill the tower up to the brim with water. You will drown and die inside the tower, unless you play his game...and win.

Score = How many seconds it took for you to beat the puzzle. So the lower number your score is, the less time it took for you to beat the puzzle.

Interesting. I liked the five tiers instead of the classic four, and the scripting and interface was very well done. I think it needs to be explicitly stated that you need to move up a floor every 20 rounds, as that is rather unclear. Like many, I am sure, I was so confused as to what I had done wrong before I realized that all you wanted was for me to go up a level. That said, this is an excellent Tower of Hanoi puzzle, and you implemented it very well on this site. While others have complained about this puzzle's ubiquity, or the lack of clarity/ease of access, I didn't really have a problem with it at all. I also like what you did with calling each round a second: it added a sense of urgency, and made me race to solve it as quickly as I could. A well-implemented puzzle game. 7/8.
-- MagmaArmor0 on 8/25/2014 11:57:44 PM with a score of 32
Wow, you have done a great job scripting this! I honestly wonder how much work went into making this. However, despite the fact that your game is a great example of how to use the advanced editor to its fullest, I don't really think that the CYS story format is suitable for this kind of puzzle.

I liked the way you used zeroes to visualize the position of the disks and I think that that is the best way to do that using only text. However, this puzzle format is available on almost any puzzle/gaming site on the internet, in much more streamlined and clearer format.

The story itself feels kinda meh-ish. I like the 'solve the puzzle or die' aspect, but the rest of it feels underdeveloped and expendable. This is of course, only logical as the central aspect of the game is the puzzle part.

So, to conclude my comment: I think it's fantastic that you made this using the editor, but I feel like CYS isn't exactly the best site to publish a Tower of Hanoi game. I've given it a 4/8
-- Romulus on 7/21/2014 1:53:06 PM with a score of 90
Before I say anything else, I have to congratulate nmelssx on an amazing job scripting this. I didn't even think it was possible to make this kind of game with the advanced editor. There was a minor glitch at my 20th move that kept killing me when I tried to place the disk down, but other than that, the entire game was smooth and flawless. I can't even being to imagine how much effort it took to get this up and running.

It's a very interesting idea for a puzzle, though if you plan on integrating it into a game, you might want to lower the number of disks to four because that's about as long as it takes for someone to get the hang of it.

That being said, why would I be playing a puzzle game I can find on any elementary math game website here?
-- the_quiller on 7/20/2014 4:22:15 PM with a score of 32
is it possible to go below 32 moves?
-- White_Rose on 8/12/2019 2:21:36 PM with a score of 32
Whew. Managed it in 57 seconds, with several instances of fumbling around. That was wonderfully-well made. Maybe you could go a step further and add difficulty levels on completing it within an even shorter timeframe.
-- Saika on 12/7/2017 9:08:45 AM with a score of 57
haha, that was fun.
-- crazygurl on 7/21/2017 6:21:57 PM with a score of 33
Oh gosh. That was hard to figure out, but I finally did it :D
-- Seto on 9/1/2016 4:24:52 PM with a score of 67
A very neat little game. The first time I encountered this type of puzzle was a couple years ago with ten rings. That one had taken me 364 moves to do if I remember correctly. It would be amazing if you could do that - have it with ten rings instead of five. It would be an amazing puzzle that would challenge people to actually think about each move, and see if they could get a better score.

Of course, even this one with only five rings must have taken immense amount of scripting. So, despite the lack of plot/characterization/details that I usually go on about on regular storygames and make up most of my rating system, I'll give this a 6/8.
-- TacocaT on 3/21/2015 1:22:07 PM with a score of 32
great game, definitely something different. not entirely sure what i was expecting when i saw the title, but this wasn't it. 6/8. fun.
-- insanebutvain on 8/1/2014 11:18:35 PM with a score of 40
Clever little puzzle! I liked it.
-- bilbo on 7/25/2014 11:11:38 PM with a score of 35