Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Random empty parentheses in text

4 years ago
I am using both on page scripting and normal scripting, but I definitely did not type any parentheses that appears on some of my pages in the top left corner. Any idea why this could be happening? It doesn't happen always happen, so I am not sure of the cause. Thanks.

4 years ago
What game and which pages?

Or better yet, just copy/paste your codes here.

4 years ago
@Fluxion

4 years ago
So, this has happened in a couple of games I'm working on, but I'll post the script in a test game so there is less to post. Actually, I'll screen cap it and post pictures so there is no accidental use of script in this discussion.

The issue:

wtfm8

(The red MS paint stuff is obviously added to the screen cap... but the () is just weird)

Global Script

global-script

Top Left Corner of Page Script

top-left-corner-script

On-Page Script

on-page-script

4 years ago
Looks like your page script, where you are adding the background picture.

URL(...)

4 years ago
Why do you have parenthesis around the style tag? (Top left Corner of Page Script, first line, just inside the quotes and ending with the last line in that script, again just inside the quotes)

4 years ago
Yeah, that's what I was looking at.

4 years ago

I copied and pasted it from somewhere. I'll try changing that.

Edit - Well I feel like a jackass. That fixed it. I assumed that was needed for some reason because it was there from the original source I copied it from, but I copied it from so long ago I have no idea where.

Or I suppose another possibility is that I copy/pasted code inside of some parentheses but meant to include the parentheses in what I replaced, but screwed up with the mouse, and have been using this exact script for months.

4 years ago

You're not a jackass! I for one really appreciate the thoroughness and the screenshots. If everyone posted their questions with that much detail, things would get solved way quicker.

4 years ago
Lol. I guess it's just a reflection of how badly people want their problems solved. ;) I may suck at finishing stories on time, but by god I don't like script errors.