Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Making items

2 years ago
Is there a way to allow me to make a potion to heal health that can be used anywhere anytime without being taken t a different page?

Making items

2 years ago
I don't really mess with items in my games, but you should be able to reserve the current page ID in a variable and have using it just point you back to that same page. There's an article that gives an example of this but I can't quite remember which one. Maybe the one on making a codex?

Making items

2 years ago
how would i eseve the page id in a variable, the only options i have is on the variable page is
Variable /name
Values
Events
Additional Options

i cant see anymore.

also, do you know the the making the codex page is so i can have a look?

Making items

2 years ago
Check under Help & Info, there's a lot of useful stuff there on variables and scripting and some tricks you can do with items.

I'm gonna go ahead and move this thread to the Advanced Editor board.

Making items

2 years ago
Thanks for your help, im still learning :)

Making items

2 years ago
Really it would be best to keep similar/practically identical questions in this thread, in the place it's been moved to where people who like to give this kind of advice will definitely see it.

From you other thread it sounded like you didn't know how to make and change a health variable yet. I'd start with that before trying to move onto more advanced stuff.

And again, I'd recommend looking through the articles, it's much faster than waiting for someone to type up the things that are already there. If you have a more specific question or something you're not understanding after that point, then let us know.

Making items

2 years ago
there must be a way i can learn how to do it?

Making items

2 years ago
It might be a mistake to try and make an RPG until you have a better idea of how the editor works, that's just my opinion. There's lots of regular storygames you can make without all that.

Making items

2 years ago
is there a way to find out how to do it?