Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 2/11/2017: Should be fixed.

Error when trying to save an article

7 years ago

Okay, so I was writing and working on an article (yes, the spoiler is out). When I hit save incomplete it said "ERROR. Not able to save."

Yep. Really mad right now. Anyway to recover it, or at least prevent it for the future?

Article Trouble

7 years ago
For the future, write in an open notepad, copy and paste across. The even lazier method, is before you click send ctrl a (selects all) copy. Then if it gets eaten you can repaste or save it for later.

As for saving it now, about your best bet is to use the back page and hope. Sometimes you can be lucky.

Article Trouble

7 years ago

Good idea yes

Article Trouble

7 years ago

You could've just backspaced, man. It still should've been there.

Article Trouble

7 years ago

It said "ERROR. Page not found." 

Article Trouble

7 years ago

Ah. Sad. :( It usually worked for me. (Just realized ivy suggested this also, heh)

Article Trouble

7 years ago

Ah, not really. Luckily, I just started it and had barely a paragraph done. Not much damage, just thought this can be addressed :D

You did a great job with your articles, hope I can make 1/3's worth of your work heh heh.

Article Trouble

7 years ago

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

C:\WEBSITES\CHOOSEYOURSTORY\CHOOSEYOURSTORY.COM\HELP\ARTICLES\../../Includes/Components/Article.vbs, line 94

This is what I get before I managed to submit my recent article. I had a similar thread a few days ago.

Try getting to one of the untitled articles and save incomplete it. Maybe it'll work?

Article Trouble

7 years ago

Oh well, I was going to finally submit an article on story writing, but I guess I won't now.

Article Trouble

7 years ago

I'm pretty sure it can work for you. I think it just does it randomly. Do what Iavatus said. 

Article Trouble

7 years ago

Nope. Not working.

Article Trouble

7 years ago

Damn.

Article Trouble

7 years ago

I had it saved anyway, since I’m always backing up stuff.

It was basically a guide on how to write a story with a level 7 maturity rating since there are a few people that just come here and splatter a few swear words on the screen, a few unimaginative sex scenes and if they’re really ambitious some disgusting description of something they saw on some shock site or the deep web and say HEY LOOK GUYZ MY STORY IS EDGY LOLZ.

Plus we have had people in the past that come here asking “What can I write in my story?” or “How far can I go?” so instead of telling them all over again, just post the link to the article.

Article Trouble

7 years ago

Eeegggzactly.

Plus, most of the basic stuff is explained, but I understand why it would help to make an article for it.

I also understand why you of all people would write that article. ;)

Unimaginative sex scenes? Why would we want imaginative.......?

Article Trouble

7 years ago

It's worth trying to get it published, considering how often people ask about this topic.

Article Trouble

7 years ago

I guess the spoiler is out, I will tell you what my article will be about (if I can finish it). Basically, it will be about Story Lore, creating the Plot, and a bunch of creative writing tips. If it can be published, hope it helps :D

Article Trouble

7 years ago
Well, PM me and I'll try and share more advanced ways of pulling that article, screaming and raw from the battered remnants of the interwebs. It might help.

Article Trouble

7 years ago

He got it saved, it's all goods :)