Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 5/14/2021: fixed, boxes size to fit content

New Home Page Box Too Small

7 years ago
I love the new homepage with the lists of stories. However, the right box, the one showing me stories I need to rate, sometimes overflows. This happens any time I get two stories in there that take up more than one row with their title. The box stays the same size, but the text flows right out of the bottom of the box. I don't know if it would be better to allow the box to adjust larger, or just make four stories show in the box. I'm thinking letting the box expand would make more sense.

7 years ago
It's not really too small, it's just some of the newer stories have longer names.

Could either make the box bigger, or limit the character length of a storygame name.

7 years ago
Indeed. I think limiting the length of new storygames would be great for other reasons...

7 years ago
Way to take my idea and earn points off of it, lol.

7 years ago
Someone has to do it... :)

7 years ago
Not sure if I like the idea of a limit, but I guess it depends on how strict of one we're talking about.

That wouldn't solve the issue of already existing games spilling out of the box, either.

7 years ago

Could always force the titles to one line and cut off whatever doesn't fit. Maybe slap a

white-space: nowrap;
overflow: hidden;
text-overflow: ellipsis;

on the div that holds the title link, and then put the full title in the link's title attribute so it's revealed when hovered over. That way the end effect would be something like this: