Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 1/15/2017: Not for now.

[Story] Reply to Comments

7 years ago
Could we implement a feature so that an author could reply to comments on his stories? There have been times when I had to reread the entire story just to do that. It would help an author to reply to feedback or give information about some fixed bugs, etc.

7 years ago
The best way to do that currently is via PM (though that won't work for guests).

Also seems like a reply to a comment in the comment box would likely get buried and/or never seen by the one 'replied to' - especially by a guest.

7 years ago
It might give people an incentive to actually post comments for the sweet 'thank you' replies from the authors! (An author loves nothing more than comments!) It will also allow Endmaster to verbally obliterate his haters from this planet. We could make a reply appear alongside the comment itself so that there is no problem of them getting buried. It would also allow the author to reply about comments that point out a bug so that a future reader would know that it has been fixed.

7 years ago
Berka makes some good points. I'd just like to add that more often than not, that would just be used by angry WC fiction writers who would give a personal "friendly" reply to each of their haters. There aren't many reasons to reply to a comment anyway, and forum tagging and pm's exist.

7 years ago
Great points but people who would be sending 'friendly' replies to their haters won't be bothered with making a good game in the first place (which means their games would get deleted almost immidiately and them replying won't matter I guess).