Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 8/19/2019: Not sure if these are the best descriptions, but I agree that new descriptions would be good.

New Forum Descriptions

6 years ago

I think the Forums need new descriptions. A few of the descriptions are a bit misleading, for example, the Lounge's description states that it is a place to talk about anything. I've seen multiple newbs and trolls try to use this as an excuse to try and get away with spam and shitposting. There are other reasons for this feature, like adding more detail to the currently vague descriptions. Here are my ideas for new descriptions:

Newbie Central: If you're new, come introduce yourself in the Newbie Central! A great forum for getting advice on things you're having trouble with, and meeting other community members.

The Lounge: A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like as long as it stays within community guidelines.

News and Updates: Learn about what's been going on with the site and check out cool contests.

The Parlor Room: Got a favorite storygame? Need help beating a hard storygame? If so, this forum for discussing storygames is for you.

Nothing wrong with the Creative Corner description, except it needs a comma after "original artwork."

Writing Workshop: Discuss your writing projects, toss around ideas, and check out story writing threads.

Reading Corner description is fine.

Advanced Editor Forum: Talk, ask, and learn new things about our most unique feature: the advanced editor.

Feature Wishing Well: A forum for suggesting new features that would benefit the community. Feel free to post your ideas here.

Bugs and Problems: Report bugs, problems, and errors with the site that you come across here so it can be resolved.

New Forum Descriptions

6 years ago

Yeah, often I'm not sure of where to post some things. T_T