Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 8/15/2023: use html on profile to list your favorites. if the user doesnt want to go through the trouble of linking, the games probably aren't worth it to them.

My Favs and My Saves

one year ago
This is probably too elaborate when there's bugs to fix, but I have always wished it was possible for users to store a favorites list that others could view from their profile. Maybe even a statistic on the storygame pages showing how many people have favorited them? Not a necessary thing but just a nice extra detail that authors might appreciate. Which led me to think that the number of people who are in the process of playing a game and interested enough to have created a save even if they hadn't rated it yet would also be an interesting stat to track. And as a related thing....is there some reason game saves have to be accessed from a completely separate page and not from the game itself? We can't get a Load button somewhere, either on the display page or within the game itself?

My Favs and My Saves

one year ago
Favoriting games is some effort and the site already tracks popularity with storygame ratings, so it's not too important. As for saves, I don't know if most stories get enough traffic to make any use of that, given a lot of them hover around 50 ratings total.

Having game saves be accessible from the storygame is a good idea and a good low priority thing to think about after everything else is done.